You Are So Very Special
By: Susan Cobb
Use the template to create a beautiful shaped edge for your card! For the main color on the paper, mist with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, then paint in the butterflies with Smooch inks.
- Color Me™ Ebony Story
- Color Me™ Ebony Tags & Borders
- Vintage Roses Ribbon set
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card
- Vintage Labels Template
- Heartfelt Greetings Stamp set
- Acrylic block
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Dragonfly)
- Smooch inks: Grape Soda, Plum Twist, Pool
- StazOn® Black ink pad
- Foam tape
- Zots™ adhesive dots
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Place the template over the card front so the 5”x6 1/2" frame is aligned with the top, bottom, and right edges of the card. Trace the right side of the shape. Remove the template and cut along the edges, through each card layer. Trim a border, butterflies, tag and label from the Tags & Borders sheet.
- Mist the lower right portion of the Ebony Storybook sheet, concentrating the mist at the left side with less near the butterfly design. Mist the border heavily, and the tag and label lightly. Set the pieces aside to dry.
- Paint in the butterfly cut-outs with the Smooch inks and let dry. Paint in the butterfly on the Storybook paper and the outer border of the tag as shown. Stamp “You are so very special” on the tag with black ink. Stamp “I love you” on the right side of the label.
- Cover the card front with the misted paper, so the butterfly design is in the lower right corner of the card. Glue the misted border even with the left side. Ink the edges with black ink. Glue the tag centered on the card front. Lightly fold the wings of the smaller butterfly cut-out and foam tape the body overlapping the tag as shown. Zot purple bow as shown.
- Glue remaining misted paper across the center of the inside. Glue the label centered on the misted paper. Glue the large painted butterfly overlapping the left side of the label. Paint in the bottom edge border of the paper with grape soda Smooch and let dry. Zot knotted ribbon as shown.