Dad You’re a Classic
By: Susan Cobb
Back the vintage car stickers with patterned paper, then add Silver Jewel Dazzles™ for headlights and other details for a fun look.
- Geometric Paper Pack
- Geometric Ribbons set
- Vintage Cars Black Dazzles™
- Silver Jewel Dazzles™
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card
- white cardstock
- black ink pad
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots
- Foam Tape
- Fine tip black pen or computer printer
- Font: Cooper Black (front 20pt, inside 18pt)
- Corner Chomper (or simply round the corners of the matting with scissors)
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Take a sheet of gray/chevrons border paper and trim 3/4" from the bottom edge of the border and set aside. Cover the card front with the remaining paper, aligning the border even with the bottom of the card. Ink the edges black.
- Cut a 3 1/2"x3” green geometric paper rectangle and round the corners with Corner Chompers or scissors. Mat on charcoal geometric paper with 1/8” borders and round the corners. Ink the edges black and mat on white cardstock with 1/16” borders. Round the corners and glue centered to the card front, 2" from the bottom.
- Place the large vintage car sticker on yellow gold geometric paper and trim around the edges evenly with the sticker. Foam tape the sticker centered to the green matted rectangle on the card front. Back the oval portion of “You’re a classic” with yellow gold geometric paper and trim evenly around the edges. Add centered to the card front, overlapping the top edge of the green paper and matting.
- Back the border sticker with yellow gold geometric paper and trim the edges even with the sticker. Add across the border portion of the card front, 1/2" from the bottom.
- Write or computer print “Dad” on white cardstock. Place an arrow outline sticker over the word and trim edges evenly with the sticker as shown. Add a small star sticker to the right side. Foam tape to the left of “You’re classic”. Add Silver Jewel Dazzles™ to the stickers as shown. Use 3/8” wide black/yellow stitching grosgrain ribbon to tie a bow. Zot the bow to the lower left edge of the matted green rectangle.
- Ink the edges of a 5”x3 3/4" green geometric rectangle and glue centered across the inside. Ink the short edges a 5”x2” yellow gold geometric paper and glue it centered across the green paper. Cut a 3 3/4"x1” light gray rectangle (from remaining bordered sheet) and round the corners. Ink the edges and mat on charcoal geometric paper with 1/8” borders. Round the corners and ink the edges. Mat on white cardstock with 1/16” borders. Round the corners and glue centered to the yellow gold geometric paper on the inside.
- Back a vintage car sticker with yellow gold geometric paper and trim edges evenly with the sticker. Add to the inside, overlapping the bottom edge of the green paper. Add star stickers and Silver Jewel Dazzles™. Zot knotted black/yellow stitched ribbon as shown.