By: Susan Cobb
I used two blank cards to create this tri-panel card. It’s easy to create a shaped card front by trimming around the Mickey Birthday die-cut.
- Disney’s Magic Kingdom 6”x6” Paper Pack
- Disney’s Magic Kingdom 132 Die-Cuts
- Black Thin Lines Dazzles™
- Gold Glitter Star Dazzles™
- Birthday Greetings Stamps
- Acrylic block
- Two 5”x6 1/2” blank white cards
- Surfacez ink pad
- Black cardstock
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots
- Foam Tape
- X-acto® knife
- Cutting mat
- Open both blank cards flat on your work surface, side by side. Now overlap the cards so you have 3 panels with the overlap at the center. Glue the overlapping panels in place. Fold the left panel in first, then the right panel so it is on top.
- Front: Punch out the large Mickey Mouse Birthday die-cut and glue even with the right side of the card. Trim top and bottom edges evenly with the die-cut as needed. Trim around the shape of the die-cut, through the front layer of the card only. Use your knife to trim out the small area between Mickey’s shoe, glove, and present. Decorate the presents and “Birthday” with Black Thin Lines Dazzles™ and Gold Glitter Star Dazzles™.
- First inside panel: Cover with black cardstock. Cut a 5”x6” red/black words paper and glue it centered on the black cardstock. Punch out the die-cuts and arrange as shown, making sure they are covered when the card front is closed. Stamp “Make A Wish!” on the top of the Mickey banner with Black ink. Decorate the panel and die-cuts with Black Thin Lines Dazzles™ and Gold Glitter Star Dazzles™.
- Inside: Cover the bottom 3 3/4" with yellow mouse ears paper. Cover the bottom 2 3/4" with teal/red/yellow/blue mouse ears paper. Stamp “Happy Birthday” centered on the yellow paper. Glue a red star die-cut near the words. Stamp “For someone Special” on the Mickey oval die-cut. Overlap the stamped oval and present die-cuts and glue below the words. Decorate with Black Thin Lines Dazzles™ and Gold Glitter Star Dazzles™ as shown.