"Thinking of you" card
By: LeNae Gerig
Use the Color Me border cut out to create a card closure. So save wear and tear on your ink pads, apply ink to the Color Me paper using a cosmetic sponge.
- Expressions Stamp Set (link)
- Silver Flourish Color Me Paper (link)
- Silver Tags & Border Color Me Paper (link)
- Color Box Chalk Inks: Deep Lagoon (link), Ocean (link)
- Chocolate Flowers (link)
- 2 silver mini brads (link)
- White and dark blue cardstocks (link)
- 5" x 6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- StazOn® Black Ink (link)
- foam tape (link)
- stipple brush (link)
- stapler and staples
- self adhesive note pad
- Coloring background and cut outs: Apply both Deep Lagoon and Ocean inks to the Color Me Flourish paper. Use a paper towel to wipe the excess ink off the embossed areas. Let dry. Apply Deep Lagoon to the cut out border strip. Cut the self adhesive note pad into a circle, about the same size as the center of the scalloped frame cut out. Mast the center white area of the tag with the note and apply both blue inks around the edge of the frame using the stipple brush. (Pounce the brush onto the inkpad surface and then pounce around the edges of the frame) move the mask at the center and lightly apply ink. Stamp “Thinking of you" with black ink. Stipple a small tag cut out with blue ink and stamp “miss you."
- Cut 5/8" from the bottom and 11/2" from the top of the card front only. Cover the card front with Flourish paper.
- Cover the card inside back with dark blue cardstock. Glue the small “miss you" tag to the card inside back behind the cutaway portion of the card. Secure s small white flower to the lower left corner with a mini brad. Stamp “hello" at the top left corner of the card. Close the card. To create the closure, mat the blue border with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8" border and glue over the card front right edge. Staple at the top and bottom edge.
- Mat the frame cut out with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8" border. Place a white silk flower on scrap paper and apply ink to the surface by using the surface of the Deep Lagoon inkpad. Let the flower dry. Secure the flower to the lower left corner of the frame using a silver mini brad. Foam tape the frame to the card front.