Warm Winter Wishes
By: Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Cut a slit in the fold of the card, and then wrap the card front with ribbon and tie near the center. Tuck a glittery 3-D Papier Tole Foil embellishment beneath the knot for a stunning look. If you like, you can use just a portion of a Papier Tole embellishment as I did with the small snowman on the inside.
- Winter Flannels Paper Pack
- Winter Flannels Ribbon set
- Flannel Snowmen 3-D Papier Tole Foil Die-Cuts
- Silver Jewel Dazzles™
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card
- Silver Stickles
- Foam tape
- Zots™ adhesive dots
- Font: Corinthia Professional
- X-acto® knife
- Cutting mat
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Turn the blue snowflakes border paper so the border is at the left side. Place the bottom left corner of the paper over the card front so you have a 1/4" white card border at the bottom and left sides. Glue the paper in place, trimming excess evenly with the top and right side of the card.
- Punch out the #1 image for the snowman with heart die-cut embellishment. Punch out the #2 image and foam tape it over its matching design. Repeat foam taping each number until the design is complete. Use Stickles to outline the blue portion of the snowman’s hat, and fill in the heart patch on his body, then outline the edge of the heart. Punch out only the #2 and #3 images from the snowman with tree design and foam tape them together. Add Stickles to the ear muffs and snowflake center. Punch out the extra art snowflakes and add Stickles to the center of each. Add stickles to the edge of the paper on all sides. Let the Stickles dry.
- Open the card and lay it out flat. Use your ruler and knife to cut a 3/4" long vertical slit in the card fold, 1 3/4" from the bottom of the card. Cut a 15” length of 3/4" wide purple crepe ribbon. Thread one end through the slit, wrapping the ribbon around the card front. Bring the ends together and tie in a knot just right of center. Take one end of the ribbon, fold the edges together, then trim at an angle for a dove tail finish. Repeat for the other end.
- Place the snowman with heart die-cut embellishment on the center of the card front, tucking the bottom beneath the ribbon as shown. Foam tape the snowflake extra art pieces above the heart. Embellish the snowflakes on the paper border and heart with Silver Jewel Dazzles™.
- Add snowflake border paper to the inside of the card as you did for the front, leaving a 1/4" white border at the left side and bottom. Write or computer print “Hey, it’s cold outside!” and “Hope this season is filled with family, fun, and good times!” on white cardstock and trim to a rectangle. Mat on brown snowflakes paper with 1/16” borders, then blue geometric patterned paper with 1/8” borders. Outline the outer edges of the blue matting with Stickles and let dry.
- Glue the smaller word block centered over the ribbon on the left inside panel. Glue the larger word block to the paper above the snowflakes border. Glue the small snowman embellishment overlapping the lower right corner of the word block. Embellish the snowflake border with Silver Jewel Dazzles™.