Thankful For You
By: Susan Cobb
Susan's Tip: I used the Design Tool Kit #2 to create beautifully shaped edges for this card. Arranging a cluster of die-cut leaves and Mix ‘Ems Fall Leaves Dazzles™ together create a pretty autumn card focal. “Building” the Mix ‘Ems Leaves Dazzles™ on acetate, then trimming around the edges creates an embellishment that can be easily layered with die-cuts.
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card
- Cider Artful Card Kit
- Cider Satin Ribbons set
- Mix ‘Ems Fall Leaves Dazzles™
- Design Tool Kit #2
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots
- Foam Tape
- X-acto® knife
- Cutting mat
- Sanding block
- Clear acetate
- Fine tip black pen or computer printer
- Font: Corinthia Professional
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with orange plaid paper. Position the Design Tool Fancy Cutaway template on the card front with the long straight edge even with the fold. Trace around the shape with the pencil, then remove the template. Open the card and trim on your pencil lines, through the card front only. Sand the edges to distress them.
- Punch out the large burgundy/orange frame with green label center die-cuts and sand the edges. Glue the frame centered on the card front. Foam tape the green label centered inside the frame. Cut out the narrow ivory/blue blank label. Write or computer print “On Thanksgiving Day” centered on it. Glue to the right side of the green label as shown.
- Punch out the orange and burgundy leaf die-cuts and sand the edges lightly. “Build” 2 large leaves and 1 small leaf on acetate by combining the gold, copper, or gold pearl Dazzles™ together as desired. Trim around the edges of the acetate, then layer with the leaf die-cuts in a loose cluster on the left side of the label/frame. Glue or foam tape in place.
- Tie a bow with 3/8” wide teal satin ribbon and Zot™ near the cluster of leaves as shown. Add acorn and small leaves Dazzles™ near the bow and words.
- Inside: Cover the inside with brown/blue/orange/burgundy border paper. Position the largest Design Tool template on the inside of the card, centered with the straight edge aligned with the fold. Trace around the edges with the pencil, then trim along your pencil lines. Sand the edges.
- Cut out the ivory oval with orange frame label and glue centered on the card. Cut out “Thankful For You” and glue centered on the label. Punch out the small green leaf die-cut and sand the edges lightly. “Build” 2 medium sized leaves on acetate and trim around the edges as for the front. Arrange the die-cut leaf and leaf Dazzles™ together on the left side of the label and glue in place. Add small leaves and acorn Dazzles™ as shown.