Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//index.php)
-   Scrapbooking Chat (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Scrapbook Propsal (https://www.paperwishes.com/forum//showthread.php?t=5825)

Chook_Mitchell 09-10-2017 09:48 PM

Scrapbook Propsal

chook.mitchell on 09-07-17 03:13 PM

Hey guys,
I'm looking to use a scrapbook to help me propose to my partner. The day will involve us going to her favourite restaurant which is in Sydney Harbour, at sunset we will go to our spot looking out at the harbour bridge. It's then lm planning on surprising her with the scrapbook.
Problem is l haven't actually done a scrapbook before and obviously l would like it to be awesome.
She has a couple of young boys so lve always imagined involving them in the propsal when the time was right, and l figure a scrapbook would be a perfect way of doing this.
I'm thinking l'll title the book 'our story' and on the end page it'll be a photo of the boys with the ring, or them holding a sign asking me to marry her.
If anyone could suggest any ideas on the book or some cute scrap ideas that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

LindaH61 09-11-2017 05:52 AM

A wonderful idea.
Scrapbooking is definitely a craft for the novice- we call it SCRAPbooking.
You will need your basics: adhesive- a tape runner and a refill should be enough. This is the double sided sticky stuff that holds everything together.
PW has some great 8x8 albums with page protectors that would work very well, or something similar available in your area. The term "post bound" means it has 2 or 3 metal expandable posts that secure the pages and the covers. That is what the PW albums are. But you can also use a 3 ring binder, a school report cover, or even a pocket photo album.

To minimize your scrapping area (and thus the time involved), use a small album - maybe not a 12x12 for this project! Seriously, you could even get the Photo Folio with just a few plastic pockets like you give Granny with duplicates of Christmas photos.

You need your photos, some paper for decorating the album and maybe to mat some photos, a fine tip black marker for writing (or you can print everything on a computer and trim it out), and you will need some BLING! Seriously a proposal album would need some rhinestone decorations.

A possible flow of "Your Story" would be : there once was me (even include a baby or child photo) a few pics from your life (reprint them small, and 3 is a good rule of thumb); I was looking for love and found you (again a few reprints from her childhood and growing up). We met and I fell in love with you ( photos from your holidays or excursions or hanging around) with your boys (photos obviously) your dog/cat/ fill in the blank or leave it out, and now...

But whatever you choose, it does need to have a story line. Some people take lyrics from a favorite song and put photos to the lyrics.

A line of products that might have what you need is Simple Stories, available online and in many many retailers.

I hope any of this is helpful, and encouraging. I hope you follow thru, she says YES, and you come back here to let us know.
I am happy to offer suggestions along the way, if you need it.

Cheryl 09-11-2017 06:38 AM

What a great idea! And YES, your scrapbook can be amazing - even if it IS your first one! My first scrapbook album was for my parent's 50th anniversary. It sometimes takes an important occasion to get us moving. :)

One suggestion I have is to find a pack of coordinating papers that you like. It is so much easier to mix & match papers & have everything go together if you start with a coordinating pack. I can't tell you how much easier my first scrapbook would have been if I had known to do that at the time!

One paper pack that comes to mind is the 8X8 Wedding papers that Paper Wishes sells. It not only has papers, but coordinating printed embellishments that you can cut out and add to your pages. It's inexpensive and the papers are really pretty. While it has some embellishments you wouldn't be able to use because they are specific to a wedding, there are others that are more "love" themed and could be perfect for your purpose (as well as plenty of blank ones on which you can write your own sentiment). But this is just one of many options for coordinating paper packs. To see what PW carries, you could check here.
Save

SamB 09-11-2017 07:33 AM

Lovely idea, and glad you found us to ask for input! Cheryl and Linda have already provided great guidance so all I want to say is PLEASE come back and post pictures of what you created after she says yes!!!

SandersNan 09-11-2017 10:28 AM

Look for scrapbooking kits or coordinated elements that have matching paper, ribbons and embellishments. It makes it much easier and quick, especially for someone new to the craft. With a kit all you need to add is some adhesive and a paper trimmer.

Chook_Mitchell 09-11-2017 05:21 PM

Thanks so much for your ideas guys
Really appreciate it
I'll be sure to let you know how it all goes :)