Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//index.php)
-   Paper Wishes Product (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Using my PW stamps (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//showthread.php?t=3650)

pennyd 01-07-2014 03:43 PM

Using my PW stamps

We all post a lot how we want to make sure we use everything in our stash - and that includes our stamps. So, as part of my crafting resolutions, etc. I'm going to commit here to use each one of my PW stamp sets. I was going to make it easy and count those I used for Christmas, but I'm going to start fresh. I took part in an on-line use every stamp blog last year and that was the impetus to catalog my stamps.

My rules for this will be simple:
1. I must use at least 3 stamps out of each set, it would be too easy to use just one!
2. It is only going to be my PW stamps, not all the stamps I've bought from the site.
3. I can do any kind of project with my stamps and I will keep an album of my projects.
4. I'm going to give myself "bonus points" for using my different PW paper sets.

So, my first step is to update my stamp inventory, I've bought one or two stamps (or 10 or 20 :eek:) since I did my original list. I'm also going to make a list of my PW paper packs/books and try to use them all.

Anyone want to join me in this? Could be fun

JudyH 01-07-2014 08:51 PM

Oooh, that's a tough one. I have SO MUCH STUFF I don't know if I could make a commitment to do that much stamping. Perhaps ONE stamp out of each PS set I get this year... I've already done one for January. I LOVE that set!

Bootsie 01-08-2014 08:14 AM

Penny, this sounds like fun! And are you tracking your points and rewarding yourself at the end of the year?

pennyd 01-08-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootsie (Post 51046)
Penny, this sounds like fun! And are you tracking your points and rewarding yourself at the end of the year?

yup, I am. Today I listed all my PW stamp sets. OH BOY! I have 33 large sets and 56 small stamps. This project will definitely take the year.

Rhonda - want to play too?

Carol J 01-08-2014 02:11 PM

That sounds like quite the challenge. Maybe I need to challenge myself, I'll think about it.

live4paper 01-09-2014 06:43 AM

That sounds fun. Maybe next year I'll do something like that too. Oh boy I have so much paper I'm hoarding too. I should make a card a day too with a different paper pack every day. Maybe the following year :)

supermum 01-10-2014 02:23 PM

I don't have time to take on such a big challenge but I'm thinking about how I can do a smaller challenge that would work with your one Penny!!

pennyd 01-10-2014 04:08 PM

I'm all for folks joining me in whatever way works for you! I've discovered that I have more stamp sets than I thought. I went back through all the webisodes to figure out the names of the stamps I have.

I'm not going to put a deadline on myself, but I do hope to have them all done by the end of the year.

I've started with a really old stamp set Bold Patterns. I've used 2 of the stamps so far, I'll post pics when I do the third.

JudyH 01-10-2014 06:31 PM

So... if we decide to take you up on this, are we posting pics somewhere or just adding to this thread?

live4paper 01-11-2014 08:31 AM

This is a good inspiration for me. I'm selling Mom's house, wrapping up the estate, and getting the taxes done right now but as soon as I get that wrapped up and get my desk space back I would love a project like this. I really want to rediscover and use all my lovely stuff. I also need to use up my stash an not horde it. I have so many 3d embellishments, stamps, and papers I'd love to play with. It would also be fun to dedicate a week to use different coloring mediums. Spectrum Noir week, Gelato week, etc would be really fun. This should be a good crafty year :)