Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//index.php)
-   Weekly Challenges (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   January Week 5 Challenge - Scrapbooking - Due Feb 1 (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//showthread.php?t=3691)

SandersNan 01-26-2014 09:15 AM

January Week 5 Challenge - Scrapbooking - Due Feb 1

3 Attachment(s)
One suggestion our members had was to add scrapbooking challenges. This year we thought we would add a scrapbooking challenge on those months when we have 5 weeks. Technically this is not a 5-Sunday month, but the first challenge was posted early so we have an extra week of fun!

So, for our first challenge - use teabag folding on a layout. You can make it a frame for a picture, a border, an embellishment, whatever you would like. If you are not familiar with teabag folding there are lots of places on the web where you can see examples, get patterns and see videos - just checkout Google and YouTube. Some of you may have the CD from PW as well!

For my layout, I made a frame. The pattern is from a book not published by PW, so I will not cite it. It lays down nicely when it is in the page-protector, but to photograph it, I had to take it out to reduce glare. So you see some of the backside color peeking through....

Please use PW supplies and to be eligible for the drawing you will need to submit your entry by midnight on Saturday, February 1.

LindaH61 01-26-2014 06:28 PM

Ooh, a tough one!

SandersNan 01-26-2014 06:42 PM

You don't have to do a frame. Any teabag folding somewhere onthe layout is good.

pennyd 01-26-2014 07:05 PM

Great layout and I love to do tea bag folding = will hopefully give this a try this week. Thanks, Nancy!

Bootsie 01-28-2014 05:39 AM

I have the CD from PaperWishes, thanks for the tip, I had forgotten that I it! Must list CDs that I own!!!

KarenH 01-28-2014 10:10 AM

Scrapbook pages are also on my "Crafter's Bucket list". Haven't ventured into that arena as yet although I have plenty of material gathered to start. I won't have time to finish a page this time around but will be very interested to see everyone's selections.

LindaH61 02-01-2014 02:17 PM

Barely Finished this...

1 Attachment(s)
This layout was inspired by a layout by Rebecca Langren who wrote a tutorial about teabag folding on About.com and showed an example of a rose trellis layout. That is one of about Twenty tutorials I attempted to follow to complete this challenge. My trellis is made of oatmeal colored handmade paper, and the vine is olive color of the same, I have had it for many years. The linen pp is from PW personal shopper kit, and the green and rose pp is from Roses in Harmony pp from PW. Roses are made from same collection. Ribbon is from American Crafts, pearls came on a string in a PW personal shopper kit.

This layout is a tribute to the love of a son for his parents.
I hope this counts before the deadline!

pennyd 02-01-2014 04:40 PM

Linda, that is absolutely gorgeous! Love the rosebuds!

Bootsie 02-01-2014 05:50 PM

Beautiful layout Linda!!! I won't get this done before the deadline but I plan on making one.

SandersNan 02-01-2014 06:06 PM

That is absolutely gorgeous! Are the vines folded too or just the trellis and flowers? The book I used also had some flowers similar to those. I'll have to try them next time I have a suitable theme. I have 4 grandkids and only one is a girl. And she is not a girlie girl. She hates pink! Her favorite Colorado is lime green!