Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//index.php)
-   Weekly Challenges (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   April Week One Challenge - due Sat., 4/5/14 (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//showthread.php?t=3805)

SamB 03-30-2014 08:53 AM

April Week One Challenge - due Sat., 4/5/14

APRIL is here! I hope this brings some longed-for weather to many of you, and some consistent weather here, and safe riding for my hubby, who has 2 rides this month!

For this week's COLOR challenge, we are going to have a color challenge with added twisties in it...the colors are

NAVY BLUE AND TURQUOISE AND JUST A TINY TOUCH OF SILVER

and just for fun, your card or project must ALSO have a PUNCHED BORDER on the opening front side (so if your card opens from top to bottom it needs to be on the bottom edge; if your card opens from right side it needs to be on the right edge; it is a scrapbook layout or other paper project, it can be on right or bottom).

To be eligible for the drawing for the monthly gift certificate, remember we need y'all to use products available from PW as much as possible, and your completed project has to be posted on this thread not later than midnight US Eastern time on Saturday, April 5 (although you can try the challenge any time at all!).

LindaH61 03-30-2014 03:34 PM

Feeling the need to use those punches?

SamB 03-30-2014 06:50 PM

:p I'll never admit to that!

bbcmom 03-30-2014 08:24 PM

Sam - well that longed for weather is still out of reach here in northeastern PA. We have a couple inches if snow on the ground and it's still coming down. This year March came in like a lion and it looks like it's leaving like a lion. No cute little lambs yet. But I am thinking how I might be able to use some of my punches.

bbcmom 03-31-2014 07:48 AM

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... Oh wait, it's the end of March
:confused:
Walking in a winter wonderland...Oh wait, it's Spring:confused:
I think someone forgot to let NEPA know that. :eek:

In light of the fact that I woke up to 4 inches of snow on the ground I'm thinking that this color scheme might work well for a Winter card. :D

bbcmom 03-31-2014 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:o Well, I am a little embarrassed. I made this card for the challenge and then realized that I forgot all about the punched border so, this card won't qualify but I hope you don't mind if I share it anyway.

Products used:
1. Fresh Frost paper
2. Lapis Lazuli Glimmer paper
3. Vellum Swirls
4. Specialty Metallic Silver paper
5. Easy Lacy Snowflakes template
6. Snowflake Small Stamp

KarenH 03-31-2014 01:00 PM

April Wk 1 Challenge

1 Attachment(s)
I have a busy week ahead so I got busy yesterday afternoon and completed my card. I don't have many punches so this card may not qualify as I used the new border dies. :eek:
I also used:
Sarabooks Saphire papers
2 Lacy Border dies
Butterflies & Shadow dies
Silver Jewel Dazzles
Encrusted Jewels Blue kit
Heartfelt Greetings stamps
Flowers (stash)

bbcmom 03-31-2014 01:14 PM

Very pretty card and I think it should qualify. AND again, congrats on winning the monthly challenge. Well deserved Ms. Karen :)

KarenH 03-31-2014 01:17 PM

Daria , I love your winter card and thanks for sharing your beautiful creations with us.

bbcmom 03-31-2014 02:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay....I think it's all here now.
Products used:
1. Lapis Lazuli Glimmer Paper
2. Butterfly Garden Artful Card Kit
3. Specialty Metallic Silver paper
4. 2 Oval Doilies and Mats cutting die
5. Scalloped oval punch
6. White card stock
7. Silver Border Dazzles
8. Platinum Jewel Dazzles