Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//index.php)
-   NATL SCRAPBOOKING DAY-MAY 3-2014 (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   National scrapbooking day challenge (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//showthread.php?t=3866)

Swaps Albums 05-01-2014 10:59 AM

National scrapbooking day challenge

5 Attachment(s)
YIPPEEE, FINALLY IT IS HERE!

Saturday, May 3 is National Scrapbooking Day and your Swaps Team has coordinated on a scrapbooking layout challenge directly with our friends at Paper Wishes/HOTP, AND we have a fun activity scheduled for throughout the day on Saturday as well, so

"COME PLAY WITH US!!!"

First off, this post is for the SCRAPBOOK LAYOUT CHALLENGE -- see the "nsd.pdf" flyer attachment below, which pictures both sketches). We have two sketches to choose from: the top one, courtesy of our friend Becky Fleck at PageMaps as well as the bottom sketch designed by HOTP's own Cristina. Also included is a sample also from PageMaps showing a page made using the first sketch!

See the attachments below for the flyer with the rules and sketches, as well as the files for the sketch shapes! (Note there are two files for the sketch shapes, but they are the same shapes, just two file types in case you can't open one or the other!)

AND let's say a big THANK YOU to Paper Wishes for providing the prizes and working with the Swaps Team to put this together!!!

National Scrapbooking Day Challenge
Host by Paper Wishes™

Rules & Challenge

All entries must have the following:

1. Size: 12x12 or 8.5x11 and it can be digital.

2. Choose a Theme:

• What inspires you? Create a page that tells a story about you and what inspires you. Could be a person, a place, a pet or Paper Wishes!

• Special Event: can be a birthday, graduation, wedding, pastime, vacation, road trip etc.

You many enter both challenges, just make sure your entries have different themes.

3. Project must have a Technique:
You must use at least 1 technique on each project. Choose from the following techniques:
• Journaling
• Matting treatments (creating a clever mat on photos)
• Inking (edges of photos, papers, embellishments)
• Stamping
• Mixing vertical with horizontal or vice versa
• Using cutting dies or Embossing folders

4. Also participants must list items used & use Paper Wishes® materials.

5. Entries must be posted by 8am pst, May 5, 2014

Also you may enter more then once using the same sketch, however please be sure to use a different theme & technique on each page layout.

The two winners will receive a Paper Wishes® Gift Certificate for $25.00. Winners will be announced on Monday, May 5, 2014 in the Message Board, we’ll post winners on Facebook and in the Inspired Newsletter.

Happy National Scrapbooking Day! Good Luck!

The Saturday activities will be posted in a separate thread shortly!

Bootsie 05-01-2014 12:29 PM

We must use 1 technique, but we can use more than 1?

SamB 05-01-2014 12:43 PM

You can enter more than once using the same sketch but each entry has to use a different technique from the list and theme. You can use more than 1 technique from the list on your entry, but then you'd have to use different techniques from the list if you put in a second entry.

And you can make entries using EACH sketch - but again, each entry for sketch A has to have a different technique and theme, and each entry for sketch B has to have a different technique and theme.

Hope that clarifies; if not, let me know!!

bbcmom 05-01-2014 12:53 PM

Rhonda - I'm assuming since it says "you must use at least one technique" that you can use more than one, just as long as you use one of those. Sam, correct me if I'm wrong.

Bootsie 05-01-2014 01:50 PM

I don't know if I'll have time to play this weekend. But I wanted to clarify just in case, thanks Sam.

SamB 05-01-2014 02:01 PM

Well you have until May 5 to get your entries in Rhonda!
We do have another surprise that will be just for Saturday that will be posted shortly...still ironing out a few details!

supermum 05-01-2014 02:41 PM

Sounds good guys, have fun!!

pennyd 05-01-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermum (Post 54786)
Sounds good guys, have fun!!

Michelle, won't you be joining us and having fun?

Swaps Albums 05-01-2014 06:12 PM

Oh I hope EVERYBODY gives it a shot - even if you aren't a scrapbooker, now is the time to give it a try and maybe win a prize! Remember, it's just getting the memory down, and ART is NOT perfect!!!!

bbcmom 05-01-2014 06:51 PM

I would encourage everyone to try. I'm really a newbie to scrapping and I am going to try and see what I can come up with.