Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//index.php)
-   Scrapbooking Chat (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Just for Fun (http://www.paperwishes.com/forum//showthread.php?t=3876)

pennyd 05-03-2014 11:39 AM

Just for Fun

3 Attachment(s)
We've all talked about how our scrapping has changed over the years. I thought it might be fun to post pics of our first pages to see how far we've come! I'll be brave and go first. Don't laugh too much...

At the time, I had some cardstock, a pack of PP I got at WalMart and everything else fit in a shoebox! Now, my collection of flowers take up 2 large clear shoe boxes - my how times have changed. At one time I thought about redoing the whole thing, but I won't. I still enjoy looking at it and that is the point, right?

So, how about you?

SamB 05-03-2014 11:49 AM

cool pages Penny, I wouldn't change a thing!

LindaH61 05-03-2014 12:45 PM

Scrapbooking Evolution

1 Attachment(s)
The first scrapbook I made with photos was to commemorate a family trip to Alaska, and I made 2 identical books in a landscape 10x13 spiral bound album. Had so much fun doing it, I started a Christmas album... I know Penny remembers cutting out photos like this... Ugh... What were we thinking! Then ai found PW and started adding buttons, brads, fiber, etc. Now, I am stamping and adding dimension in many other ways too.

Thanks for sharing!

pennyd 05-03-2014 12:56 PM

Linda, it's wild how similar our pages are. Our trip was a land-sea trip, I loved Alaska and tried to talk Paul into moving there - he wouldn't leave Maine.

Thank goodness we rarely cut pictures the way we did - however, it might come back around and be cool again! I'll have to find a layout I did with pics like that.

Carol J 05-03-2014 01:02 PM

I like the cut around pictures, I think it adds character. I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder - and with crafting whatever you like is what you should do !

live4paper 05-03-2014 02:46 PM

Oh my goodness. I need to scan some of my old pages! I had my old HOTP paper books in letter size, punch out captions, and markers. At least we have all that written history with a side of cheese :)

LindaH61 05-03-2014 02:54 PM

Late completion from favorite things challenge

1 Attachment(s)
I know this is not an entry, so I am posting here. I finished page one with 45 minutes left so I went to get things ready for our dinner guests, but when I was finished there were still 10 minutes left, so I made this page. I didn't feel like rushing, so I did not enter it.
Supplies: Rosemary & Thyme pp, black lacy frames and border dazzles

LindaH61 05-03-2014 02:56 PM

Cutting around photos

Thank goodness we rarely cut pictures the way we did - however, it might come back around and be cool again! I'll have to find a layout I did with pics like that.[/QUOTE]

I only rarely cut photos anymore, but funny thing - I realize I cut around my daughters birthday cake on the birthday l.o. Challenge... I guess like all techniques, use them when they work for you!

bbcmom 05-03-2014 03:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I just saw this post and thought that it would be fun to post my first scrapbook pages and as I began to read the post I had to laugh. You will see why when you see my pages. :D

meherrm 05-03-2014 04:55 PM

Wow - I love looking at all your "older" scrapbook pages. They look soooo like mine! I at first was thinking of changing mine but decided not to. I'll try to scan my 1st page in & post it.

Mary H