View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Swap Organizer

Default January Week 4 Challenge Due 1/25/2014

This week our challenge is cracked glass embossing. I love all things heat embossed and this technique is all about that.

I found a tutorial at Scrapbook and Cards today that does a great job at explaining the technique here.

My card using Masculine Collage stamps was done with 4 coats of UTEE before I allowed it to cool. The close-up photo shows the different kinds of cracking you can achieve from thick cracks to feathering and in a few spots, I lost the embossed coating completely. I went over the cracks with Distress Inks and an applicator; I wanted some deep color on the cracks, so I gently bent the piece in the same direction as at first to get more color.

Allison shows the technique only using UTEE, but it can be done with regular embossing powder also as my 2nd card shows. I used 6 coats of regular clear EP on this focal. 5 would probably have been enough, but I didn't stop there. I can't really see or feel any difference in the 2 focals, so I feel it is just a matter of what you have on hand.

Give it a try! To be eligible for the monthly drawing, you must post a picture of your project in this thread by January 25. As always, please use as many PW available products as possible. Have fun - and don't burn your fingers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dog tags 023.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	5340   Click image for larger version

Name:	menus jan wk 4 2014 015.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	5341   Click image for larger version

Name:	menus jan wk 4 2014 012.jpg
Views:	38