View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 05:52 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 2,801 Times in 2,123 Posts

A wonderful idea.
Scrapbooking is definitely a craft for the novice- we call it SCRAPbooking.
You will need your basics: adhesive- a tape runner and a refill should be enough. This is the double sided sticky stuff that holds everything together.
PW has some great 8x8 albums with page protectors that would work very well, or something similar available in your area. The term "post bound" means it has 2 or 3 metal expandable posts that secure the pages and the covers. That is what the PW albums are. But you can also use a 3 ring binder, a school report cover, or even a pocket photo album.

To minimize your scrapping area (and thus the time involved), use a small album - maybe not a 12x12 for this project! Seriously, you could even get the Photo Folio with just a few plastic pockets like you give Granny with duplicates of Christmas photos.

You need your photos, some paper for decorating the album and maybe to mat some photos, a fine tip black marker for writing (or you can print everything on a computer and trim it out), and you will need some BLING! Seriously a proposal album would need some rhinestone decorations.

A possible flow of "Your Story" would be : there once was me (even include a baby or child photo) a few pics from your life (reprint them small, and 3 is a good rule of thumb); I was looking for love and found you (again a few reprints from her childhood and growing up). We met and I fell in love with you ( photos from your holidays or excursions or hanging around) with your boys (photos obviously) your dog/cat/ fill in the blank or leave it out, and now...

But whatever you choose, it does need to have a story line. Some people take lyrics from a favorite song and put photos to the lyrics.

A line of products that might have what you need is Simple Stories, available online and in many many retailers.

I hope any of this is helpful, and encouraging. I hope you follow thru, she says YES, and you come back here to let us know.
I am happy to offer suggestions along the way, if you need it.

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LindaH61 For This Useful Post:
Bootsie (09-11-2017), Chook_Mitchell (09-11-2017)