paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Papercrafting Chat

Old 12-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 1,003 Times in 879 Posts
Default 2014 crafting resolutions

OK, I know I'm not going to lose 30 lbs, write the great American Novel or invent a widget that will make me a billion dollars.

But, I'm willing to put out to the world what I want to accomplish as far as my crafting goes.

1. Put my craftroom in order - for real this time, not just my crafting desk!

2. Spend more time on my art journal and projects I want to complete for me/my household. I've been wanting to make a new phone/address book for years, but have never done it. I've even pretty much stopped scrapping, I make cards for OWH which is a great thing, but I want to focus closer to home.

3. Restart my blog and/or post more of my things on FB.

4. Stop hoarding my stash of beautiful supplies and use them up. I have to stop hyperventilating when I'm down to my last sheet of a particular paper.

I think number 4 will be the hardest!!

Anybody else willing to share their craft resolutions?

Visit my blog: http://www.pennydouph.blogspot.com/
Old 12-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Oh dear good luck with that Penny! I don't know if I could ever conquer #4 so I won't even try. I guess if I would choose one thing for my crafty resolution it would be to get more techie! I'm sure going to try.
The Following User Says Thank You to live4paper For This Useful Post:
pennyd (12-31-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 03:18 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Irishlady

I think if I would pick one thing that tops my list it would be to learn new ways of getting myself to use all the pretty papers I have. I'm just starting to use some of my stash that I bought 2 years ago and decided to hang on to it because it was so pretty. Its time to start using it all. Judi
The Following User Says Thank You to Irishlady For This Useful Post:
pennyd (12-31-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I agree with all the above.. I told myself that the only resolution I was making for the new year was ...... not to make any resolutions! That way i won't be disappointed when I fail! LOL... I would love to use some of the paper I have. Hubby swears that my craft room is a fire hazard... but I sure hate to get in there and have a cleaning. I am afraid that I will toss away something I will certainly need tomorrow!
My biggest New Years wish is for my daughter in law to conquer her fight with cancer. I wouldn't ask for anything more.
Happy New Year!!
God bless
Nyoka
pennyd (12-31-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 10:06 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I need to take care of the sewing projects that have formed a mountain next to our bedroom door.

"This will be my resolution - every day is New Year's Day!" from New Year's Day by Carolyn Arends
The Following User Says Thank You to JodiSong For This Useful Post:
pennyd (12-31-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Happy New Year everyone !! It isn't quite midnight in the center of the States but close enough for me.

New Year resolutions for me and crafting are - that I finally find my mojo and get it working. I have lots of things I would like to do, just need to do them. I need to straighten up my craft room and go through things again, I started that a few months ago so I need to start again. I also want to start using a bunch of my stuff, cause I know there is an order to be done in January with some of the new stuff PW will be having available. Looking forward to a great new year, hoping it is a wonderful one for EVERYONE here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carol J For This Useful Post:
pennyd (01-01-2014), supermum (01-01-2014)
Old 01-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Resolutions... hmm... not good at those, but I'll give it a shot:

1. Complete and have printed at least one digital scrapbook. It's kind of embarrassing really, I have completed lots and lots of individual pages but I haven't compiled a book and had it printed in several years.

2. Set aside some time each week to send birthday/encouragement/get well cards. I'm really, REALLY bad at this! My card sending is very hit or miss (mostly miss), as a result, I have quite a stockpile.

3. Put sentiments inside the cards when I make them. This will help a lot with #2.

4. Post at least once a week to one of my blogs (I have two now - What was I thinking???)

If I succeed at those, my website could use a complete overhaul, but I doubt that one will make it on the list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudyH For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (01-06-2014), pennyd (01-02-2014)
Old 01-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Swaps Organizer

I no longer make resolutions. I list Intentions! (I know, I know - but "intentions" sounds so less intimidating to me somehow and not subject to "failure"....{although now that I think about it I remember my grandmother telling me the road to Hell was paved with good intentions ... ...})

Anyway - my Intentions for this year almost all revolve around simplifying and organizing...our house is a very very very small house (although we don't have 2 cats in the yard) with not much storage space so keeping organized and keeping things put away properly is kind of critical...especially because clutter just makes me crazy to start with. And when I can't find something? ARGH! That makes me particularly nutso. Since my normal state of mind is pretty close to crazy/nutso to start with either is a short trip!

My general intention is to go thru every drawer and every closet and clean out stuff I haven't or won't use and donate it somewhere or dispose of it.
BUT - since I STILLLLLLLLL can't find my PW reindeer die... ... I'm going to start with my craft area and my dies.
pennyd (01-02-2014)
Old 01-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Sounds like many of us have the same things on our list for the New Year. Like Sam, I no longer make resolutions. When I do I have immediately set myself up for failure. Yes, Sam, intentions or goals seem a bit less intimidating. My list includes these three:

1. Spend some time doing paper projects for myself like making those scrapbook pages I've been meaning to finish. I've collected all these pics and mementos and have done nothing with them. I need to put these memories together before they are lost.

2. Start using more of my stash: embellishments, paper, embossing folders, etc. And I have new stamps that I haven't ever used. I, like many of you, keeping hoarding those beautiful jewels, buttons, flowers, papers etc. I know, it's hard to let go!

3. Maybe my best goal, I would like to start my own blog. It just seems such a complicated task as I'm not that tech savy. But I guess I won't know if I can do it till I try, right?! I've looked at some of your sights and they look so great. I think I just need the courage to step out of my box.
The Following User Says Thank You to KarenH For This Useful Post:
pennyd (01-02-2014)
Old 01-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Swaps Organizer

I'm not going to make any specific resolutions but overall I want to get back to my prior level of participation. I haven't posted on my blot in a long time...my scrapbooking is waaay behind and I still haven't found/unpacked everything! So 2014 is time to get my behind in gear!!!
pennyd (01-02-2014)