paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Scrapbooking Chat

Old 01-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Default What 'Cha Working On in 2014?

I've resolved to get more projects done - scrapbooking, needlework, and sewing - take care of that pile of sewing by the bookshelves upstairs. Then again, I don't anticipate a 5-month quilting project. Did 6 scrapbook pages this weekend (so far).

Jodi
Old 01-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Yay for you!!

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I have not made a resolution, as such, but I MUST take more time to organize my craft room. If I could add anything to my wish list, it would be an alphabetical list of the paper pack names from PW, so I could get myself better categorized. what about it, Paulette??
Old 01-12-2014, 10:21 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Thanked 1,044 Times in 929 Posts

I'm making Valentine cards. Some co-workers suggested that I bring my cards to work for them to look at and maybe buy.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:30 AM
Swaps Organizer

I've been packing for a crop coming up next weekend. I am rediculously behind on my scrapbooking. Fortunately I bought several of the PS kits at the recent sale and am using a lot from those kits. Having all the coordinated pieces helped me prepare several pages quickly. Hope to cut some titles this week so I can make that part easy too. The other thing I'm working on -one of my goals this year is to become a better knitters. I'm pretty good at crochet but a very basic knitter so I enrolled in an nonlinear sampler class and am participating in a knit along on Ravrlry.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:24 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I spent 3 hours Sunday putting away several piles of paper from a few different crafting binges, and re-organizing my PW paper supplies. I have 2 big projects going on. The first: I am making 9 Detective's Journals for my Religious Ed students, which I have so far made 56 5x7 envelopes out of amazing paper, cut cardboard covers and backs, painted both sides of the cardboards, and dreamed up 12 lesson plans to go along with this theme. The second is to prepare myself AND a friend for a long cropping weekend in February. Like Nan, I am very far behind on my projects, and hope to make the most out of this opportunity. My friend has not gone away to scrap in 15 years, so really needs a lot of help prepping.

Nan, enjoy your prep time and you will enjoy the crop even more! Hope you get lots and lots of pages finished!

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
Old 01-13-2014, 08:42 PM
Swaps Organizer

I just re-read my post. Too funny - thank you auto-correct. If any of you were wondering what a nonlinear sampler class was -it should be an ONLINE sampler class!
LindaH61 (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014, 08:15 AM
Swaps Organizer

You gotta love spell check sometimes!

I'm focused on organizing and simplifying right now - want to clear out stuff I don't use, don't wear, etc. I told my hubby I was doing this and his eyes IMMEDIATELY went to my crafting area so of course I had to tell him "EXCEPT for craft stuff"...LOL...although I plan to go thru the craft stuff as well - my tastes and style have changed considerably since I first started, and I bought all kinds of stuff in the early days that I probably will never use although thought I just HAD to have it then...{sigh}
LindaH61 (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Like Sam I'm trying to organize and simplify in my art room and my house. My art room is the hardest because it's small and I work on so many different mediums. I'm taking a run to Ikea this weekend to see what I can find for pens/markers storage. Also I have so many stencils that I use to keep them in 8x8 and 12x12 scrapbooks (they fit in perfect) but now I have so many that I don't have room for all the books of stencils. Right now they are in a flat drawer but I have to find a better way to organize them.

My Blog
My Creative Endeavors
Old 01-14-2014, 06:28 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Karen,
My daughter found some brackets at IKEA that you mount on the wall and they hold large plastic cups. She decorated a wall in her college apartment with them and puts all kinds of things in them, including markers, pens, toothbrush, curling iron, spatulas... You name it! You might still be able to get them there.