paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Personal Shopper > Scrapbooking

Old 05-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Default Has your kit turned up yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursela View Post
Maybe I need to contact someone. I subscribed on 4-12-14 and today is the 22nd. I haven't received my kit. I was so hoping to have it before this coming Friday as I have the day off. At the very least, next Wednesday, April 30th because I have a week off work!!!

If you haven't received it yet, you should definitely call Debbie. Please let us know how you like your first kit and when you receive it. Hopefully it has arrived and you are happy and ready to join in on National Scrapbooking Day fun!

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
Old 05-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Welcome to the MB nursela. I hope that you've received your kit and that you can join the MB for tomorrow's NSD
Old 05-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I was not able to participate in any NSD activities anywhere. My stepson got married yesterday and we did the rehearsal dinner Saturday afternoon, so no scrapping or shopping for me!

I finally got my April kit on Saturday, May 3rd and got the May kit today! I'm excited about them and I think I will really like working with them. My problem is, there is so much extra that needs to be bought to make the layouts in the kits. I'm not sure who I would contact to see if a list of things needed for each month's kit could be put online somewhere so we could order and have these things prior or at the same time of getting our kit. Here is a short list of things I don't have to complete my kits:

April kit:

Broken China Distress Paint
Zing! Blush Embossing Powder
Jewel Pearlescent chalk set
Spectrum Noir Pens
Sunflower Glimmer Mist
Wild Honey Distress Ink

That's a LOT of things to use to complete my April kit and a LOT of money too. I may try to improvise as best I can, but color wise, it's hard to improvise and make the embellishments look like they go with the papers. I love that this is a technique type kit and I love the fact that I can learn new techniques. I'm just not thrilled with having to purchase so much extra. I purchased 3 of the SurfaceZ ink pads to use with the December kit. A total of $21. I used all 3 of them to ink the Dazzles. One of the ink pads came loose from the base after the second dabbing of ink. I was so disappointed. It's not Paper Wishes fault, it's Colorbox. Their inkpads are notorious for this type of thing and there is no way to re-adhere them. I'll work with it, because it was so much money to pay, I won't throw it away!

Anyway, I think you get the idea of what I'm going through here! Is there a point where you automatically have these items in your supply and don't have to purchase them?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

nursela, I know what you're saying, I would have to purchase everything on your list too. I purchase kits from a different company and usually have to match and make do and the end product usually turns out just fine
Old 05-15-2014, 05:01 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I had the same experience when I first began buying kits. If you are new to Scrapbooking it is almost easier to buy supplies not kits, to get the pieces you really want and love to work with. After shopping with PW for several years I do tend to have items they call for or items I can substitute. Can't fault the company, they are in business to sell product, and new product or new colors are always coming out. The key is to minimize frustration.

When I get the kits, I look at the newsletter and decide if I have most of what I need to complete the basics of the layouts, namely photos, cutting tools and any card stock needed (I know they provide all the ribbons, embellies, and patterned papers). If they ask for mowed Lawn distress ink and I don't have it, I try to use something green to get the similar look even if I have to use a watercolor process instead of an inking process. Basically, I give myself permission to vary the design to fit ME and my supplies.

I hope you stick with it. If you are new to scrApping, consider making the layouts and saving them for photos that are yet to be determined. I keep a box of completed pages that still need photos. When I have a set of photos I want to scrap, I pull it out and choose what works best.

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child