paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Other Topics > Introduce Yourself

Old 07-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Thanked 1,018 Times in 904 Posts
Default Fourth of July

Happy Independence Day to my American neighbors, I hope that you enjoy celebrating the history & traditions of your country today & always!
bbcmom (07-04-2014), JudyH (07-05-2014), LindaH61 (07-04-2014)
Old 07-05-2014, 03:29 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Irishlady

Thank you. It was a nice quiet day until the fireworks started. I just hope no one got hurt from them. These ones didn't sound like they were set off properly. They sort of sizzled first. Enjoyed the history programs that were shown on some of my channels. It was a good day. Judi
Old 07-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Swaps Organizer

and we missed wishing you a happy Canada Day, Rhonda!!!

Our town celebrates on the nearest Saturday (they do the same with Halloween, so strange). But...I'm staying in and reorganizing my dies today - ran out briefly to get the mail and was going to grab a Subway at the only local store we have (A big "Speedy Stop") ...but it's NUTS here...for a very small town (under 900) we swell to nearly 5 times that this weekend - they put on a very nice and free fireworks display on front beach on the closest Saturday to July 4th so people just pour into town.. Our only store is a big Speedy Stop, and their parking lot is jammed, all 18 gas pumps have at least 2 in line waiting, 30+ in line at the Subway inside, and they have to have at least 20 of those big outside coolers with bags of ice - every single one of them had a sign showing they were empty. I walked in, saw all the lines (they have 8 registers and separate lines for the Subway and the food grill...they were wrapping around the store...so out I went again.
Heaven help 'em if they run out of beer...probably cause a riot.

Next weekend is Cula Roja fishing tournament, and then comes Poco Bueno, largest billfish tournament on the coast...so will be hiding inside next two weekends too!

And we have very nice renters upstairs and but frankly I can't wait for them to leave - they have a bunch of tiny kids with them and I've already talked to them once to tell them they cannot leave the kids playing on the dock without an adult supervising...(the little girls are so small they were sitting in a bucket of water on the dock when I went out, cute, but too little to be near the water ALONE!!!) ACK!!

So I'm resorting my dies by manufacturer, and am up to the M's. And what I want to know now is who in heck bought all these dies??
Old 07-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Sam! That is SO scary about the babies!!! One can never be too careful with little ones and when i see something like that I always feel like I need to watch out for them in case something goes wrong... when it's not up to me to keep an eye on them, but I know I would feel so bad if something happened!
Must be the same person buying stuff here at my place!!! I just tried to organize my clear stamps and dies by putting them in some clear envelopes and storing them in a container sorta like library cards.... I have only touched the surface!!!! SMH!
God bless
Nyoka
Old 07-06-2014, 06:56 AM
Swaps Organizer

Yep, EXACTLY how I feel Nyoka - I've spent most of the weekend watching out the window. I can't wait for these folks to leave but they don't check out until tomorrow.

Now on sorting...I may have to stop! Because every single time I sort thru my dies I find more "missing" - they have to be here somewhere I know but honestly - it's such a small space and I truly think I've looked everywhere. I think someone must be breaking in and stealing my dies. Yep, that must be it...

Update:
OR, possibly, someone has far too many dies and a fifth Artbin that got skooched under the table where it could not be seen...
Old 07-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Sam, I enjoyed reading about the 4th of July in your town, TFS We are a city of 8,992 and we are situated between another two small cities Nelson population is 10,520 and Trail 9,276. Nelson has the biggest celebration and it's on the lake so if I'm not working we'll to go Nelson. This year because I was away on Sunday & returning Monday night we went to my brother's for fireworks on the 30th, I didn't have to work until July 1st at 11:09 pm. On the 1st because I slept all night on the 30th, my dh and I went to a pancake breakfast at the Castlegar museum. The folks making breakfast said that it was the largest turn out. I think more people are staying home because of the gas prices. I've shared some pictures of last year's cake that my older sister and her co-worker decorated in my photos album. And now you know a bit more about me and where I come from. I took pictures before the crowds started coming!
Old 07-07-2014, 03:09 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Irishlady

Sam, that's so scary about those wee ones. The parents need a kick in the behind. I was going to sort through some supplies over the weekend but ended up watching history programs. I love history. We may get rain today so I may get some thing done instead of cleaning. Judi
Old 07-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Swaps Organizer

Holy cow Rhonda - that is one HUGE cake! So who was she making that for? I hope the church crowd or something, else you have a gigantic family to feed!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:19 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

She was making it for the city of Nelson's July 1st celebration at the lake. The grocery store that she worked at donates the cake to the city. The cake cutting is at 11 am after all the opening speeches and singing of 'Oh Canada'. There's music in the park, lots of stations set up for children, sand castle building and if it's warm enough lots of families go swimming. You can buy food or bring a picnic lunch. It's great fun!