paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum > COME PLAY WITH US! - GETTING STARTED > Introduce Yourself

Old 08-12-2017, 06:53 AM
Dazzle Dreamer

Default Hello beautiful and gorgeous people ! I'm not gone yet...

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say quickly a big hello and to let you know I haven't gone yet... Just dealing with personal issues the best I can: not only I have my eyesight woes but 2016 was a pretty bad year and 2017 seems to be very challenging too.

I won't go into details but police was involved and we're still having hairy moments with my neighbour who has been certified twice so far yet they insist on leaving him to live in his flat which happens to be under ours, we can't ignore him as we share the main entrance door. Add to that other family issues and deaths then I really wanted to scream at times " stick a fork in me, I'm done ".

I've mainly been active on Facebook and twitter to keep in touch: the former I'm using to post status on what's going on and letting my relatives know I'm there as well as friends; the latter just to share my love of cardmaking especially what I find online so tweet or retweet lovely cards that please me aesthetically...

Sometimes as they say " you find your stillness in the middle of a storm "; I ended up in Hospital last year and nearly didn't make it as I reacted badly to insulin, because I'm allergic to the preservatives in it which I was totally blissfully unaware of. I ended up with gastroparesis and a painful gastritis that lasted a few months. That funnily, helped get the ball rolling for my eternal quest of weight loss which I battled since I was a teenager, I never remembered not being overweight, unfortunately due to chronic agoraphobia as you might already know I was a recluse and stuck indoor, THAT didn't help and I ended up being obese Class III according to the body mass index (BMI).

So I lost around 28lbs in a few weeks because I wasn't unable to eat anything, encouraged by that two months later I decided to join Weigh Watchers again as I remembered doing well with them in the mid 90s, I managed to be 20lbs within goal before I gave up because I couldn't afford the weekly fee but I knew that their system worked for me.

So despite all the health problems, family troubles (don't ask), neighbour going bat**** crazy on us and not knowing if I would be able to stay in the UK (because of Brexit)...my stillness was focusing on my weight loss.

I've nearly lost 8 stone so far and I have two more to lose before I get to goal. (1 stone = 14lbs) now my BMI is, as of last week, overweight only so not classed as obese any longer gave me a personal boost and pride in myself.

I've decided to share my before/after picture.

Once I've decluttered and sorted my craft corner (another never ending quest of mine) then I'll hopefully start to craft again.

Thank you to those of you who have kept in touch through private messages either on here, Facebook, twitters or instagram. I truly appreciate it.

All the Best,
Fab
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MyPhotos1501182703207.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	14805  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fabyon For This Useful Post:
Rosie (08-12-2017), scrapbookingstation (08-12-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 07:00 AM
Dazzle Dreamer

Could someone move this thread to "introduce yourself", please, I've put it in the wrong section, sorry about that.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Master Crafter

Thanked 4,020 Times in 3,485 Posts

Hi there Fab! So glad to see you here again. Thanks for posting on FB so that I was able to keep up with you. As I told you before...you look "Fab"ulous! Keep up the good work. I am on a very restrictive diet at the moment...nothing white so. no sugar, no white flour, no potatoes, no white rice, brown whole grain only, no yeast so no bread of any kind, whole grain wraps only, Stevia, the only sweetener, only apples, oranges and berries for fruit (right in the middle of watermelon season....)and much more. But...I am losing weight so that is a plus. Hope things improve for you and you can get crafting and joining us again. Great to see you! HUGS

I didn't sleep much last night, but I got a few solid hours of overthinking done...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbcmom For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (08-15-2017), Rosie (09-06-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 08:31 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 2,267 Times in 2,027 Posts

Great to hear from you Fab - and Daria is right, you look "Fab"ulous!

I hope things get better with you and yours and you can come and play with us again!!
Old 08-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 1,207 Times in 1,027 Posts

Fab! So good to hear from you (I don't do FB or twitter, so I've really been missing you)!!!!! Sorry to hear of the challenges you've been facing. Amazing weight loss - especially in the face of all of that!!!

I haven't been on the board nearly as much as I used to either because I started teaching dance and that takes a lot of planning time - especially to start. Now and then I'm able to pop back in and I'm hoping it will be more often now that I've gotten basic lesson plans done for many of the rhythms I teach.

I hope to see you here more often, and that you're able to get back to more crafting. I know that for myself I'm much more pleasant to live with if I have time to craft!
Save

My Pinterest pages:
https://www.pinterest.com/Cher2Inspire/
Old 08-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Dazzle Dreamer

Thanked 1,447 Times in 1,118 Posts

Look forward to seeing your work again Fab! congrats on the weight loss!!
Old 08-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Webisode Watcher

Hi Fab. I don't know you well but you did friend me on FB so i have seen some of your post about the weight loss......congrats on that, and about your eye dr visit. I can relate a little to that as I have been getting shots in my right one now for 3yrs this past July. I have a leaky blood vessel. It helps for about 6wks then another one. Not sure what the Brexit is all about. But so happy that you are doing ok or should i say better. I look forward to seeing some of your crafting when you post any.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Master Crafter

Thanked 3,414 Times in 2,840 Posts

Hi Fab! I'm wishing you the best in every aspect of your life. You do look "Fab"ulous! I made it over to the UK. My 3 siblings & I took a coach tour and it was busy. We travelled from London to Stratford-Upon-Avon than onto Scotland, shown on the map is the route we took. I've picked my favorite spots to return to, if I'm healthy enough & save enough. Take care!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img095.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	14814  

Last edited by Bootsie; 08-12-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Swaps Organizer Team Lead

Thanked 2,567 Times in 1,726 Posts

Hi my friend - so glad to see you pop back in here for a hello! (I moved your thread as requested...) - I sure do miss you here with us but have been keeping up with you on FB and seeing some of the cards you've shared there...

So sorry to hear about all the problems you've been going thru - hoping you are going to come out on top of all of those this year and have happier times.

And you DO look FABULOUS!!!!!

Big Hugs!
Sam
Old 08-15-2017, 06:08 PM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 2,664 Times in 2,029 Posts

Fab,
So good to hear from you. You have had quite a difficult time, but looking at your photos, it seems you have found a way to eek out good from all the bad. You look great, and should be proud!
Hope your motivation continue its and you get back to crafting and sharing.

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child