paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum > WE LOVE PAPER WISHES! > Paper Wishes Product

Old 11-24-2017, 08:30 PM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,142 Posts

OK I was intrigued. I checked out Unicorn Utopia and it is really cool! Looks like artwork from the covers of Fantasy/Sci Fi paperbacks in the library. Really cool. You gals should enjoy playing with that.
I did get one of the Spellbinders Holiday die sets with the 20% and do plan to make another order with some things that have been on my basic supplies list for over a year. Guess time is running out for me to act on that...

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
Old 11-25-2017, 06:57 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,142 Posts

while you guys are at it, check out the umbrella crafts marker storage binder on special today on another site which I won't name here, but if you SEARCH internet for my description, you should find it, or PM me. Anyone with loose markers or colored pencils might appreciate this find, but it is TODAY only

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
The Following User Says Thank You to LindaH61 For This Useful Post:
bbcmom (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 08:08 AM
Master Crafter

Thanked 4,287 Times in 3,696 Posts

I've been looking for Neenah white card stock for ages that didn't cost and arm and half my leg and today I hit pay dirt! Was out shopping at Sam's and they now carry the 110 lb. Neenah White card stock. Bought two reems!

I didn't sleep much last night, but I got a few solid hours of overthinking done...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbcmom For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (11-25-2017), scrapbookingstation (11-26-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 01:39 PM
Swaps Organizer

Thanked 1,577 Times in 1,211 Posts

The unicorn set is beautiful but I know I would most likely never use the finished cards. That being said....guess what came in the mail today? My Paws for Thought set! I have to admit it was a lot of product for the price....
bbcmom (11-28-2017), scrapbookingstation (11-29-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 02:14 PM
Master Crafter

Well, it looks like my "Are You Tempted" order fell into a black hole. It's been in transit from Lehigh Valley which is two hours away since yesterday morning and is still in transit. Who knows where it will end up! Between the USPS doing a lousy job transporting packages and our new carrier putting our mail in the wrong box I'm ready to write a not so nice letter to the Post Master General! Three time in the past three weeks she's put our packages in someone else's box and it's not like it's the same one. Fortunately we have good neighbors and they bring the packages to us. Thanks for letting me vent....I feel so much better now.

I didn't sleep much last night, but I got a few solid hours of overthinking done...
The Following User Says Thank You to bbcmom For This Useful Post:
scrapbookingstation (11-29-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 02:48 PM
Swaps Organizer Team Lead

Thanked 2,714 Times in 1,804 Posts

Quote:
Do you think I can justify spending money on the HD Unicorn kit by saying that it's for stuff for the grand kids?
YES, completely OK Daria! Permission granted, LOL!

The HD Unicorn set is so pretty - but I only have 1 niece that's into unicorns and she's way too little right now to appreciate a handmade card from anyone.

And speaking of HD - I have very little of it...but a little confused about all the different kinds of kits/books they offer. What's the best thing to get for our little hobby? I think the one kit I got was for pre-made 3D cards (a flower basket was one of them, I think) but I don't much like just putting together those and calling it a handmade card...need some of you HD experts to break it down for me please!

It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Master Crafter

I usually just get the kits the PW offer and I have learned to stay away from the specialty type cards. One maybe two like it are fine put 4 to 6 is just too much. That's why I'm trying to find other ways of using the elements for those cards.

Now Lee is the expert!!! She's the one that introduced me to the Little Books and other stuff that PW doesn't offer with their kits. I'm sure she's be happy to share her knowledge.

The Following User Says Thank You to bbcmom For This Useful Post:
SamB (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 03:04 AM
Dazzle Dreamer

Thanked 1,863 Times in 1,374 Posts

Like Daria, I shy away from collections with concept cards. I find the Collections with a broad theme - shabby chic/rustic charm, step into springtime, mirri magic, winter wonder (for Christmas), woodland wonder/wild at heart are easier to work through because the images are pretty different from each other. You really need to like cats (paws for thought - which is on its way to me), unicorns (ditto), and/or pink flowers (florabunda), to work through those collections.... there is just soooo much material, and everything is so similar.

Little books - big fan, value is crazy cool and I'm building a library of goto designs for a ~4x6 image.
Inserts - blah, blah - faded adorable scorable on paper
Double sided papers to coordinate with collections - sooo useful, since I'm getting 4-6 cards with each topper sheet - having the paper makes life easier to streeettttcccchhhh the materials AND the images/patterns are typically not copies of the adorable scorable.
Stacks - don't care for them
Whopper Topper pads - something new in my inventory, jury is still out but pretty sure I'd prefer getting the collection w the toppers or the little books if I'm just wanting toppers.

My only headache with HD are the nibs - just don't get why they need soooo many to hold the diecut into the sheet. Trimming nibs is my least favorite crafting exercise. If you don't trim, your finished project goes from handmade to homemade in a flash.

anyhoot two cents - I'd certainly go back through the two HD threads to see which cards/collections appeal to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to scrapbookingstation For This Useful Post:
SamB (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 05:25 AM
Master Crafter

About the nibs...I just use a pen knife to cut the nibs when detaching from the sheet. Quick and easy and looks great!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bbcmom For This Useful Post:
Bootsie (11-30-2017), Carol J (11-29-2017), SamB (11-29-2017), scrapbookingstation (11-30-2017)