paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum > LET'S TALK ABOUT IT! > Scrapbooking Chat

Old 04-25-2014, 10:22 AM
Master Crafter

Thanked 3,607 Times in 2,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamB View Post
and as I'm always telling my hubby - I have to scrapbook this stuff so when I am old and can't remember anything I can look and see that we really DID do stuff and had fun, LOL!!
That is so true!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Master Crafter

Thanked 4,287 Times in 3,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyd View Post
Your friendly, local swaps team is busy behind the scenes getting ready for NSD! Creativity and fun sounds good to me!

If you "aren't a scrapper" you should be just for this one day - you might surprise yourself and enjoy it. Really a scrapbook layout is just a large card that tells a story, sounds easy doesn't it? You can use all of the same supplies you already have. Although, if it is your birthday that day - maybe you should go out and get yourself some new PW things!
I should join you and maybe get inspired. It's not the fact that it's like making card only bigger....it's just too much space to try to fill up....plus the telling the story is also a deterrent. I'm not a very good story teller...or jokes either.

I didn't sleep much last night, but I got a few solid hours of overthinking done...
Old 04-26-2014, 07:23 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,142 Posts

Sam, you might be joking, but Alzheimer's does run in my family. It is ever present on my mind to leave enough of our story already told so that my family will never forget how much we love them or all the great memories we made together. If/when I get the disease, maybe these books will help me stay 'present' a little longer.

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
Old 04-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,937 Posts

Daria, one of the hardest design principals I had to learn for scrapping and card making is that white space is OK. You don't need to fill up the whole page. I've noticed a trend that leaves large borders on a page and nests everything together in the middle. It is a very effective look.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pennyd For This Useful Post:
bbcmom (04-26-2014), LindaH61 (04-29-2014)
Old 04-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Master Crafter

Penny - you have convinced me that I should give it a try again. Now, I just need some pictures. With having a digital camera all the pictures are on the computer, now I have to go through them and decided which ones I want printed.

I didn't sleep much last night, but I got a few solid hours of overthinking done...
Old 04-26-2014, 01:49 PM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcmom View Post
Penny - you have convinced me that I should give it a try again. Now, I just need some pictures. With having a digital camera all the pictures are on the computer, now I have to go through them and decided which ones I want printed.
I just had 225 pics printed! I haven't printed in a long time. On another thread I have a scrap page of my dau's 26 and 27 b-day! So many of the pics were of our recent trip and I'll end up sending the extra I don't scrap to my son.

My one trick to make the printing more manageable is when I load the pics on my computer. As I review them I decide which ones to edit/crop. I have a folder on my desktop labeled to be printed and when I'm done with a pic, I make a copy and move it into the printing folder. This way I don't have to go back and try to remember what I wanted. When I do get around to sending my pics to be printed I do a quick look through the folder and probably cut 25% out - how many pics of my hubby drinking coffee do I need? I know they are all in different places, but I've convinced myself that he doesn't change too much from the Monday photo in Charleston to the Thursday photo in Orlando.

My first scrapbook was of our honeymoon cruise in Alaska. It is 100 pages!!! No kidding - I think every picture I took is in there and probably 100 of them are pieces of icebergs floating in the water.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pennyd For This Useful Post:
bbcmom (04-26-2014), LindaH61 (04-26-2014)
Old 04-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Master Crafter

Penny - you are too funny. Thanks for the tips, they sure will help. Once of these days I might surprise all of you and post a scrapbook page.

The Following User Says Thank You to bbcmom For This Useful Post:
pennyd (04-26-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 06:48 AM
Master Crafter

Thanked 3,607 Times in 2,971 Posts

I started scrapbooking, then tried card making. It seems I'm hooked on cards but I do love looking at my layouts, & I'm looking forward to sharing them with my Granddaughter. It's time to start scrapbooking again
LindaH61 (04-27-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 07:02 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 2,375 Times in 2,109 Posts

Penny: what a great idea about the pictures into a separate file when done and ready to print. I have SOOO many pictures on the computer that I haven't scrapbooked. I really need to get back into it. For sure when I retire !!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Carol J For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (04-27-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 05:06 PM
Master Crafter

Looks like I'm going to have to join you. My daughter wants to get together and scrapbook her wedding. I will need lots of help but I am confident that I will get it here.