paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum > LET'S TALK ABOUT IT! > A Question for You

Old 02-24-2017, 05:39 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 2,564 Times in 1,958 Posts

Copy and paste the questions and just add your answers!
What die-cutting machines do you own? (For example - Cuttlebug, Gemini, Cut 'n Boss, Big Shot, Big Kick, Big Shop Pro) Only the Spellbinders Grand Caliber
Do you own any plastic templates? An entire binder full! Nearly every PW template and tool kit
Do you own any metal stencils? a few. Only a couple that I have used.
Do you have any templates or metal stencils from Paper Wishes? basically what I have came from them.
What other paper crafting "gadgets" do you own? (For example, envelope punch board, crop-a-dile, Minc, Misti or similar, Fuse, etc.) Wow... I have envelope punch board, Martha's scoreboard (12x12), original MISTI, brand new still in box FUSE tool, the only crocodile i have is a corner 1/4 and 1/2 punch. I have the Sewing tool from WRMK with a few stitches, and I have the cutting tool from them also that you can sew ribbon through the holes? Does not work easily though, so not a popular one for me. I have several Creative Memories tools because I used to be a demonstrator.
What are your three favorite crafting techniques, if you had to choose just three? (For example, heat embossing, paper piecing, Minc foiling, etc.) Paper Piecing/punch art is definitely one for me that I LOVE. Heat Embossing is just too useful and cool so that is another. Tearing is a third. It is underused, but I really like the creative freedom of tearing paper - it frees me from PERFECTIONISM and opens creativity for me.
Do you own embossing folders? YES, too many and LOTS of duplicates. Are any of them from Paper Wishes? I was in their PS club for a while, so yes, I have nearly all of them. No new ones in the past year though. Find I use only the same few.
Do you stamp and heat emboss? Absolutely! as often as possible
Do you own any stamps from Paper Wishes? uh, YES! Of course!
Do you own any dies from Paper Wishes? uh, YES! Of course!
Do you make more cards, layouts, or some other papercrafting items? If it were up to me, I would make more layouts. But I love the swaps and challenges on the MB, so I make more cards that way. My 2017 goal is to get more layouts done than cards.
Do you prefer wood-mounted stamps or clear/cling stamps? Wood mounted images are crisper so there are some images that are just BETTER from wood. BUT I LOVE the benefits of clear/cling stamps - namely - easier to store, easier to see through (duh) for placement, MISTI works with them, and the customizability i.e. creating a curve from a straight line with acrylic stamps is possible.
Do you consider your steel die collection to be small, medium, large, or "gigantic"? My die collection is too large for me, because I haven't used them all, but by standards on this board, probably MEDIUM
How about your stamp collection, same question? Same answer
Do you just love these polls? eh...
If you said no, why not?? I like reading your answers, but tedious to answer myself
What regular challenge or swap do you like the best? Love the monthly card swap, the periodic group swaps like SMALL CARD we are doing now, love the Scrap LO challenges... Oh heck.. all of them.
What challenge or swap do you like the least? Sketches are hard for me, but like medicine, good to do anyway. Least favorite? Mixed Media... but only because there is so much time invested and clean up involved... time that I could otherwise be crafting in.
Do you lean more toward "clean and simple" or "shabby-chic"? I think I am clean and simple - definitely simple and LESS layers
Do you like to try new stamping techniques? YES
Do you like to try new die-cutting techniques? not so much
Do you like watercoloring? YES... but lack skill, so a growing passion
Do you have a blog? (Even if it's out there but long-neglected...) no
Do you regularly look at other crafting blogs? YES
Are you a PW VIP member? Currently, but expect that to be ending this year as my stash is too big for my space and I need to go on a buying DIET.
What PW clubs do you currently subscribe to? Just discontinued my Scrap and Tole clubs so only Dazzles... why? Because it is fun to get mail.
What is your favorite color? In general I lean toward blues and greens but just love COLOR
Aren't these questions FUN??? eh- I feel like you were on a really LONG flight and we are getting the result of it.
Do you make cards well in advance for known occasions or are you a last-minute Lucy? I make batches of cards for keeping on hand because being last minute is TOO much PRESSURE, but of course, I am always at last minute with swaps (pressure thing) and those occasions that crop up throughout the year.
Do you make cards with specific people in mind for each one, or do you make occasion cards to have on hand so if you need a birthday card for someone on your list you have some on hand already to choose from? Both. I prefer to select designs that I can make 12 at a time, vary the sentiments and colors for multi-use. But will also make specific cards for certain people who I know really enjoy my cards.
Do you think this poll is too nosy? no
If you said yes to the last question (or thought it) do you still love us anyway?
What was your favorite purchase from 2016? BOHEMIAN DREAMS
What was your least favorite purchase from 2016? sewing tool
What crafting tool do you have that you wish you used more often? FUSE- haven't tried it yet
In what crafting technique would you most like to improve your skills? watercoloring
What other questions do you think should be included here but aren't? Haven't you covered it all? Here is one... DO YOU HAVE/KEEP a JOURNAL? yes, I have a set of them... an idea journal, a bible study journal, a family/personal planning journal, and an art journal that is very lonely
Do you like challenges (where you only post a picture of your project) or swaps (where you exchange your project with someone else) better? LOVE them all. Challenges are certainly easy to participate in, but I do like exchanging with others too.
What's your least favorite color? oranges are hard to work with, and look terrible with my skin tone, so in general oranges (and reds) are underused in my life. Repeat, I do LOVE COLOR though so nothing against the colors themselves.
List your favorite book and your favorite movie! Favorite book? Brian Jacques book series REDWALL. MOVIE - currently A DOG's PURPOSE

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
The Following User Says Thank You to LindaH61 For This Useful Post:
Rosie (06-04-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 07:27 AM
Webisode Watcher

Smile

What die-cutting machines do you own? (For example - Cuttlebug, Gemini, Cut 'n Boss, Big Shot, Big Kick, Big Shop Pro)cuttlebug
Do you own any plastic templates?old ones.
Do you own any metal stencils?no
Do you have any templates or metal stencils from Paper Wishes?no
What other paper crafting "gadgets" do you own? (For example, envelope punch board, crop-a-dile, Minc, Misti or similar, Fuse, etc.)cricket the old ons but never use it.
What are your three favorite crafting techniques, if you had to choose just three? (For example, heat embossing, paper piecing, Minc foiling, etc.)embossing folders,tearing, teabag.
Do you own embossing folders? Are any of them from Paper Wishes?yes and one from pw
Do you stamp and heat emboss?yes
Do you own any stamps from Paper Wishes?yes
Do you own any dies from Paper Wishes?no
Do you make more cards, layouts, or some other papercrafting items?cards
Do you prefer wood-mounted stamps or clear/cling stamps?clear
Do you consider your steel die collection to be small, medium, large, or "giganto"?small
How about your stamp collection, same question?maybe small
Do you just love these polls?yep
If you said no, why not??
What regular challenge or swap do you like the best?swap
What challenge or swap do you like the least?sketch
Do you lean more toward "clean and simple" or "shabby-chic"? clean
Do you like to try new stamping techniques?yes
Do you like to try new die-cutting techniques?dempends
Do you like watercoloring?yes still learning
Do you have a blog? (Even if it's out there but long-neglected...)yes
Do you regularly look at other crafting blogs?a few
Are you a PW VIP member?no
What PW clubs do you currently subscribe to?none
What is your favorite color?right now shades of purple
Aren't these questions FUN???oh yea loads,lol
Do you make cards well in advance for known occasions or are you a last-minute Lucy?both
Do you make cards with specific people in mind for each one, or do you make occasion cards to have on hand so if you need a birthday card for someone on your list you have some on hand already to choose from?try to make it for the person.
Do you think this poll is too nosy?no
If you said yes to the last question (or thought it) do you still love us anyway?
What was your favorite purchase from 2016?don't have one
What was your least favorite purchase from 2016?same as above
What crafting tool do you have that you wish you used more often?my cricket
In what crafting technique would you most like to improve your skills?coloring
What other questions do you think should be included here but aren't?not sure
Do you like challenges (where you only post a picture of your project) or swaps (where you exchange your project with someone else) better?both
What's your least favorite color?white hard to color with it
List your favorite book and your favorite movie!love mysteries, not sure on movies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rosie For This Useful Post:
Bootsie (06-03-2017), SamB (06-03-2017)