paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking & Paper Crafting Forum > Personal Shopper > Premiere Dazzles

Old 06-03-2014, 05:08 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Thanked 2,664 Times in 2,029 Posts
Default Ashamed - but motivated...

Well, yesterday after watching Ann's AMAZING Dazzle WOW webisode, I spent some time going through ALL my Dazzle kits because I was sure I had some of the Never Before Seen Dazzles... it turns out in the 3+ years I have been getting the kits, I have rarely used all of them in the monthly kits, and mostly have NOT. So all these gorgeous dazzles and gorgeous papers and wonderful ideas have been collecting in my bin. I am red-face-ashamed! So I turned a new leaf. I selected the kits I knew I just was not going to complete and put the components into my paper and Dazzle stashes. Then I made a pile of the kits I have partially completed and have begun to complete them. Lastly, I made a pile of the kits I have yet to start, and marked the projects I want to start with. I have my work cut out for me, but I am determined to USE MY DAZZLES!

BECAUSE I STILL WANT MORE!!!

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
Old 06-03-2014, 06:35 AM
Master Crafter

Thanked 4,016 Times in 3,482 Posts

I'm right there with you. Some kits I completed all the cards but have left over dazzles, some kits I did my own cards and have left over paper and dazzles, but I have so many dazzles that haven't ever been used that I don't have room for any new ones. Linda, shall we make this a challenge to use at least one dazzle sheet per week?????... or at least finish the ones that have been started?????

I didn't sleep much last night, but I got a few solid hours of overthinking done...

Last edited by bbcmom; 06-03-2014 at 06:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bbcmom For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (06-04-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Die-Cut Diva

I have been challenging myself to add dazzles to everything I produce and I have been pretty consistent since January. I don't even seem to be making a dent! Check out my week 1 challenge card- I went crazy with dazzles. I think I need to add them to all my scrapbooks too- even the ones I have finished.

Here is one card I finished today. To the 2011 Dazzle PS kit I added the new Labels & Greetings stamps and die set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	5981  

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
Old 06-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Master Crafter

Linda - Another great card. I like the way you added the Labels and Greeting stamps. You've been a busy lady.

I didn't sleep much last night, but I got a few solid hours of overthinking done...
LindaH61 (06-03-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Swaps Organizer Team Lead

Thanked 2,566 Times in 1,725 Posts

Oh dear - I have to confess a little too, although it's more of a general confession - I at one time belonged to the monthly card kit club, and the template kit club, and the dazzles too AND I get monthly card kits from 2 other companies now too...and I tend to take them out of their packaging and put them in plastic envelopes so I have things all together and I have TONS of kits I have yet to do anything with. I was looking at one of the PW ones the other day and realized I didn't even take out the templates or the small stamps that were in that one. I really need to go thru them all and just put them into the "general population" of supplies I guess. Yikes!!!
LindaH61 (06-04-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Paper Addict

Oh, dear I totally understand the guilt! Years ago when my son was still small I went crazy for Brad Buddies. I have ALL of them. I have a huge box over filled with brads of every kind and all of the Brad Buddies. I still love them all but never used more than a couple. I am the same with Dazzles but at least I use those. Honestly! Am I a hoarder???? I am disgusted with my Brad Buddie collection...and embarrassed too !!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to live4paper For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (06-04-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Webisode Watcher

Hello,
Don't anyone be disgusted with their stashes, You have no idea. I do not even make any of the projects that come with the kits, I always make my own. I always remove all of the kit items and place them with their matching paper packs or in a general pw pile. I have two favorite companies I like to order from and Paper Wishes is one of the two. It doesn't stop there though, my email is filled with 50 or more emails daily on companies and products that I see and want, and even purchase.
My sons come over and they are always calling me a hoarder, because I have items spilling out all over the house, but my response is that I am a fine collector of papercrafting. I also have the brad buddies and don't use them enough, I had separated them by color and stored them with other embellishments, I am now going to put them in a jar so I can see them and use them. I worked in a scrapbooking store and have taught classes in another store so I was used to the fact that companies make their run of papers once and not again, so, if you want it, you have to buy it now, if not you won't get it later. I started with the message board hoping that I would start using my PW supplies.
Talk later,
Mary
The Following User Says Thank You to nighttimescrapper For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (06-04-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Paper Addict

You mean, you're supposed to USE those kits? All this time, I've just been collecting them! lol
The Following User Says Thank You to JudyH For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (06-04-2014)
Old 06-04-2014, 04:42 AM
Master Crafter

Judy - you're too funny but I shouldn't laugh too loudly. I have a good number of kits that I just don't want to cut into that first piece of paper. OR what if I need it for something else sometime and I won't have it? This MB has helped me to use the stuff I have bought and given me great ideas for decluttering.

LindaH61 (06-04-2014)
Old 06-04-2014, 06:31 AM
Die-Cut Diva

Talking Stash challenge

OK. I am officially challenging every KIT HOARDER or Stash-a-holic to dig deep and USE THE OLDEST(PW) ITEM YOU HAVE and post it here... We are going to call JUNE a GUILT FREE ZONE, and take advice from NIKE and JUST DO IT! I hope everyone will post. Make anything you want - maybe a label for the Brad Buddy Jar, a decorated notebook for supply lists (because we DO want to organize all our stuff, we just don't want to use it), maybe you will finally make that pennant kit you bought because - well, who needs a reason?

Let's see what you can do... Please play along

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LindaH61 For This Useful Post:
bbcmom (06-04-2014), pennyd (06-14-2014)