paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Other Topics > Technical Support

Old 01-19-2010, 09:10 PM

Unhappy The Inside Scoop Comes in as Jibberish

I have been trying for six months to get The Inside Scoop to come into my email program as something other than jibberish. This started about 6 to 8 months ago. I emailed the whole thing to your site to get help and NOTHING. I know that it can come in the right way because when Sara sent it to me one time after contacting her, I had no problems. EVERY other piece of email from Paper Wishes comes in just fine. Why can't they get THE INSIDE SCOOP to work correctly again. I am so frustrated that every time I have to delete it without being able to read it.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I really would appreciate it.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Hi Queenie, I can understand your frustration, depending on which email program you're using some newsletters despite how well they are formatted might not be compatible. It would be interesting to know which email program you're using and what version it is (maybe updating it might solve some of the troubles).

In the meantime I don't know if you are aware but you can access all the Inside Scoop newsletter online with your browser (what you use to access webpages) at this address:

http://www.paperwishes.com/archive/

Just save that link in your favourite and you'll have to agree with me it's easier to see the newsletter this way then with an email client (easier to scroll).

I hope this help and welcome to the paper wishes message board.

X
Fab
Old 01-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Paper Wishes Team

Hi Queenie, that's so strange. Fab's right about the newsletter archive but in the meantime I'll ask Huston if there's any way we can help!

Sara
Old 01-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Irishlady

Hi, Queenie. I've never had this problem & now that I've jinxed myself I will regret saying that. I know some of my email newsletters state to add their address to your address book so that you can receive them. May be this will help. If not, Fab's suggestion is a good one. Judi
Old 01-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlady View Post
Hi, Queenie. I've never had this problem & now that I've jinxed myself I will regret saying that. I know some of my email newsletters state to add their address to your address book so that you can receive them. May be this will help. If not, Fab's suggestion is a good one. Judi
Very good point Judi and also some email programs will stop the images within the email being shown for security reasons you can change that option in the options/preference section of that program. Also if the email ends up in the spam folder by mistake (hence your tip Judi being a good one) then again the program will disable the images too.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Paper Wishes Team

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Queenie.

It sounds like the HTML is not correctly rendering in your email client. What email client are you using to check your emails? This can be a program such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora or it can be webmail, such as AOL, Google, MSN.

Please let me know and I can look up some resources for you.