paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Message Board

Go Back   Paper Wishes Message Board > Swaps & Challenges > General Swap Information

Old 12-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Swaps Organizer

Default How are we doing?

Your Swaps Team wants to know - with 2013 about to end, we are making plans for 2014 activities and we'd like to know if you are enjoying the activities we've had this past year, and also...

What would you like to do differently?
What would you like to see added?
What don't you like?
What do you want more of?
What do you want less of?
Old 12-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Swaps Organizer

OK, I know y'all are busy but...please take a minute, give this some thought and give us some feedback. (pretty please?)
Old 12-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

I haven't been able to do many this year because of traveling but next year I should be staying home I hope. One thing I would like is at the top or even in the title of the challenges if you put the due date so I don't have to read it through every time. If I can see the date easily I might be reminded or even do it last minute.

Also sometimes I would like a swap where you send 3 things to a hostess and she sends out a random 3 to each person. If you include an SASE it doesn't cost the host anything.

Also it might be fun to have swaps for things like altered boxes or bags or something.

I am not sure about things I don't like. I think y'all do a great job and I know it's a lot of work. Thanks for all you do. Also I am not sure who the swaps album people are. Is it just Sam and Penny?
The Following User Says Thank You to Robn C For This Useful Post:
SamB (12-23-2013)
Old 12-23-2013, 04:47 AM
Swap Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robn C View Post
Also I am not sure who the swaps album people are. Is it just Sam and Penny?

Sorry about that! Your friendly swaps team is Sam, Nancy and me. Nancy has been pretty quiet except for her monthly challenges due to the incredibly stressful year she has had - her surgery, recuperation and then a move. We also can't forget Carol, our always friendly birthday greeter!

Just a plug for the team: If anyone is interested in becoming part of the team, please, let us know! The more hands, the lighter the load!

Visit my blog: http://www.pennydouph.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to pennyd For This Useful Post:
supermum (12-24-2013)
Old 12-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Sorry... been pretty busy here with family and the holiday. To be honest this has been a very bad year craft wise for me. I have been dealing with family illness and so many other things that I haven't really been in the mood to craft. I pray that things will be better this coming year. Sorry I don't have much input to offer. I will say I think y'all are doing a very wonderful job!
God bless
Nyoka
pennyd (12-23-2013), SamB (12-23-2013)
Old 12-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I have to agree with Nyoka, the team is doing a great job. I can't think of anything I don't like. I look forward to the swaps and challenges. I've learned a lot just being a part of the MB. I do like the added element of the Designer's Challenge and would like to see that continue. I feel I have made so many new friends and I wish all a very Merry Christmas and a bright New Year filled with good health, renewed friendships and lots of love.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KarenH For This Useful Post:
live4paper (12-23-2013), pennyd (12-23-2013), SamB (12-23-2013), supermum (12-24-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 04:33 AM
Swaps Organizer

Good idea about putting the due date in the title of challenges!
Old 12-24-2013, 06:06 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I agree with the comments above that the swap girls gave done a marvellous job again this year. We are very lucky! For me this year I've had very little time to craft and have not been as involved on the mb however I do like also the addition of the designers sketch challenge. One of the challenges that I really really enjoyed thus year was the one where we sent out a card kit so that there were two cards made by different people but made with the same ingredients...I can't remember what the swap was called sorry Penny I know it was one if yours!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supermum For This Useful Post:
pennyd (12-24-2013), SamB (12-28-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I think you all have done a great job in 2013. It seems a lot of us had issues during 2013, I know I certainly did. For me they started in January and just continued through December. I am praying that 2014 is a great year for ALL of us ! !

I like the card swaps, even though I don't join in real often. I especially enjoyed the song book, fat page and trading card swaps, I hope things like that continue.

I also enjoy the Designer Challenges that have been there the last few months. It is always fun to see what people come up with. It is great that Paper Wishes supports its message board so much, what great people. They are like family.
The Following User Says Thank You to Carol J For This Useful Post:
pennyd (12-24-2013)
Old 12-26-2013, 05:43 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I only joined the MB in April, had several computer issues, and the non-techy person learning curve, but I have really enjoyed being a part of the MB activity, largely driven by the Swaps team. I would like to see a revival of Scrapbooking postings, and activities. I love the monthly challenges, and the weekly ones are all good, but don't easily fit my crafting time. I know they are effort to design and post, and follow up on. I think you all do a wonderful job with the community and the swaps. I did participate in a couple of really fun swaps. I loved the round robin swap, and had fun watching the postings. I enjoyed the variety of challenges. You offer Monthly Guest host challenges, which are great. Tell me more about how to be a helpful part of the Team, and I would be willing to get involved.

Thank you, Sam, Penny and Nancy for all that you do to keep this community active and available.

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LindaH61 For This Useful Post:
pennyd (12-26-2013), SamB (12-28-2013)