paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Other Topics > Technical Support

Old 04-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Default I have a Suggestion for PW

Huston:

I was wondering if PW would consider making a separate forum for Stamping. We already have Papercrafts, Cards and Scrapbooking. I was just thinking a separate one for Stamping would be helpful so the topics about stamping don't get intermingled with the others so much. I know it would help me who is new to stamping. I'm still learning about techniques and inks and I know a forum for stamping questions and topics only would be helpful.

Would that be feasible? Just a thought from the peanut gallery.

My Crafty blog: http://craftyimaginingsbyjen.blogspot.com/
Old 04-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Swaps Organizer

Jen, thanks for the suggestion. The Swap Organizer team will give it some thought and see what we can come up with.

-Sam
Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Sorry Jen I have to disagree here, stamping is a technique that can be applied to cardmaking, scrapbooking and other paper craft outlays (Tags, mini books, ATC etc..). I can't see why it should have it's own section. Stamping, like stencilling, inking, cutting with scissors or glueing is just part of making various techniques working together to create something with paper. I know that stamping has several different techniques that can be used as rubber stamps are so versatile but to create an extra section would be 'divisive' and dilute each section, just a thought really !
Old 04-25-2010, 01:41 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Well it was just a thought I wanted to throw out there. I just have found that stamping and stamping techniques and materials come up in the chats so frequently, that I found it peculiar that it didn't have its own chat section. PW is really big on stamping just like scrapbooking and cardmaking. Many crafters love stamping and have tips to share on how to use them, what inks go best with what, stamping on certain surfaces, etc. I wasn't suggesting making a forum to share stamping creations, but just a place to chat about techniques and materials and share tips for using them. This way members new to stamping have a place of reference for past stamping topics instead of having to go through the other forums to search for them.

I wouldn't suggest this for other techniques like paper cutting, gluing and the other minor things that go into paper crafting, because that is a little crazy. Even for things like alcohol inks because there isn't much to them. Again, just throwing a thought out there to see the response. My feelings won't be hurt if the answer is no.

Last edited by jen0925; 04-25-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to craftynana

My thoughts on this, maybe rather than a separate forum how about a thread entitled stamping and it being a sticky and always visible. Trish
Old 04-25-2010, 05:49 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0925 View Post
Well it was just a thought I wanted to throw out there. I just have found that stamping and stamping techniques and materials come up in the chats so frequently, that I found it peculiar that it didn't have its own chat section. PW is really big on stamping just like scrapbooking and cardmaking. Many crafters love stamping and have tips to share on how to use them, what inks go best with what, stamping on certain surfaces, etc. I wasn't suggesting making a forum to share stamping creations, but just a place to chat about techniques and materials and share tips for using them. This way members new to stamping have a place of reference for past stamping topics instead of having to go through the other forums to search for them.

I wouldn't suggest this for other techniques like paper cutting, gluing and the other minor things that go into paper crafting, because that is a little crazy. Even for things like alcohol inks because there isn't much to them. Again, just throwing a thought out there to see the response. My feelings won't be hurt if the answer is no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftynana View Post
My thoughts on this, maybe rather than a separate forum how about a thread entitled stamping and it being a sticky and always visible. Trish
I agree that stamping has a lot to offer and Craftynana solution is very cool ! But where do we put that thread in the Papercraft section ?
Old 04-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Thumbs up

An interesting thread, scrapbooking & cardmaking are papercrafts too. When I first started stamping I was overwhelmed.....what ink should I use? what am I doing wrong, my images aren't crisp? rubber or acrylic stamps? how do I clean my stamps?.....so for the gals & guys new to stamping, I think a thread with a sticky would be awesome!!! Stamping can be used in all papercrafts so I think if we get a sticky for stamping.....put it into the papercraft section.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Trish:

Thankyou....Something like that would be cool. See I wouldn't have thought about that because I'm still learning how the message board works.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to craftynana

Personally I think Papercrafting chat would be the ideal place. Trish
Old 04-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

What about having a techniques section with the various techniques we like to use be it, using stamps, iris folding, tea bag folding, paper engineering, colouring, embossing, dry embossing etc.... then if anyone makes something in the scrapbook, cardmaking or papercrafting chat they can refer to their thread into the technique section so that everyone (be it a cardmaker, scrapbooker, mini book maker, ATC maker, etc...) can benefit from the technique being shown as they are transferable.

Despite the tone of my previous post I'm not against new sections but I don't 'define' myself by a technique but by the final product I create and I don't find anything wrong with people predilections with a specific technique. Horses for courses, I suppose !