paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Swaps & Challenges > General Swap Info & Getting Started

Old 07-22-2015, 10:24 AM
Swaps Organizer

Thanked 1,215 Times in 899 Posts
Arrow Your input needed....

Your diligent swaps team is constantly trying to think up new and fun things to do (and we love your suggestions and try to incorporate them whenever we can so keep 'em coming!)...

One of the reasons we want to do that is to increase participation in the message board (and of course visibility to PW and their products as ultimately this is one of PW/HOTP's many "marketing" tools).

We have a wonderful kind of "core" group (you know who you are!) who are here rain or shine, sometimes gone for a bit on vacations, or family things going on but always back eventually...

How do we increase that number? What brought you to the message board? How can we get more crafters interested and participating?

Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Webisode Watcher

Travel was tough (July).... occasions, structures (card base) and the wild card (first letter of your first name) are all intriguing criteria. Just a thought, since you asked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scrapbookingstation For This Useful Post:
pennyd (07-24-2015), SamB (08-02-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 05:47 AM
Paper Addict

What brought me here was wanting to be in a monthly card swap. So I participate every month I can. Maybe that simple idea- an invitation to join our swaps, put out in the Facebook page, the PW Blog by Michelle, and maybe if we all started to "pin" the swap cards we receive with a link to the MB we could get people interested.

Honestly, for some people the accessibility of this site is a challenge. We no longer have the tab, no longer have a button... And when you arrive here, for non-tech savvy folks, the "thread" set up can make it tough to dive in. Once you do, it all makes sense, but that first foray is tough. Can we rearrange the threads and put your SO helpful General Suggestions for getting started, along with the welcome new members and how to join swaps up at the top?
Another development is the mobile device and the challenges I have using Apple devices with this board. That is something That we probably can't overcome, I am guessing.

BTW on Pinterest when I search for Paper Wishes, the search brings back such a variety of items, not all company related. So if we pin there, it might help to develop a set of key words we all use so our pretty cards show up in searches!

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LindaH61 For This Useful Post:
bbcmom (07-24-2015), KarenH (07-24-2015), pennyd (07-24-2015), Rosie (07-24-2015), SamB (08-02-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Webisode Watcher

I an so glad some one on here told me to use the new post tab to see what is going on now so i try to check it out, but it is kinda hard for us newbie to negotiate the site but it is also fun trying and learning it. At least for me,lol. Thanks for all the help from you great ladies here and your patience!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie For This Useful Post:
SamB (08-02-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 06:39 AM
Paper Addict

I waited a while, and no one else posted this suggestion. Maybe I am the only one? I doubt it...
Posting Challenges happens over the weekends, and the due date is the following weekend. As long as you are asking for input, I am wondering if there can be some overlap... i.e., can you post the NEW WEEK Challenges on Friday, or some day BEFORE the weekend allowing the full weekend to work on that one, and have the due date remain Sat midnight, or Sunday midnight? It helps me to have a little overlap, and a little warning before the weekend is mostly over. I don't have a full time job, but still, my weekends get booked up with chores and events. But I usually have one evening or early morning to play, and when everything is out, I could knock out 2 challenges instead of 1. Think on it... maybe someone else has a similar but better suggestion? I am not trying to get MORE than a week (8 days) - or spread out the challenges. Quite the contrary... I am wondering if we can space the announcement and the due date so that on a Saturday I might be able to do 2 weeks challenges. It would be up to me to post them in the right places. But then I get 2 entries with 1 CLEAN UP

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LindaH61 For This Useful Post:
JudyH (08-02-2015), pennyd (07-31-2015), SamB (08-02-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 08:00 AM
Obsessed Hoarder

Thanked 1,506 Times in 1,332 Posts

Hello friends

What brought me here? I'm the only one in my family that scrapbooks & makes cards and I was feeling lonely! Now, I'm not! I have a super bunch of friends that share the same interest.

I'm a non-tech savvy folk and for some reason, I find this MB easy. I go to the Paper Wishes web site. I scroll down to Paper Wishes Forum & click. Sign-in and hit New Posts.

Easy Peasy.
pennyd (08-02-2015), SamB (08-02-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Webisode Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
Hello friends

What brought me here? I'm the only one in my family that scrapbooks & makes cards and I was feeling lonely! Now, I'm not! I have a super bunch of friends that share the same interest.
Rhonda - well said! That's me also! I know I'm mostly MIA in the summer but the rest of the year I'm here & love it!

I'm not sure how to get more people joining the swaps but.... as for me.....it took me a long time to finally sign up for one. Once I did - I loved it. The reason it took me so long to join the very 1st card swap? In a nutshell - insecurity. I didn't think my cards were good enough. The cards being posted were always so beautiful & I didn't think mine would fit in.

If anyone is reading this that has never joined a card swap thinking they're not "good enough" - JOIN!!! It's lots of fun & everyone here is always so kind & helpful!
bbcmom (08-02-2015), LindaH61 (08-02-2015), SamB (08-02-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Swaps Organizer

Thanked 1,215 Times in 899 Posts

well said, Mary -- and we also appreciate that y'all speak up with suggestions ... like Linda's above...hope y'all have noticed that we have adopted that one with the August weekly challenges already!

Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamB For This Useful Post:
JudyH (08-02-2015), LindaH61 (08-02-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 02:02 PM
Dazzle Dreamer

Thanked 1,156 Times in 1,074 Posts

Yes Sam, I noticed and I think it's a great idea!

And I want to encourage all those that are just looking on, please join the swaps and the challenges. Love to see others work and we are our own worst critics. Lots of cards that you may not think are good others find wonderful! So, come play with us.

Right now, you may not be where you wanted to be, but it's where you need to be in order to get to where you want to go. - Steven Aitchison
The Following User Says Thank You to bbcmom For This Useful Post:
pennyd (08-02-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Paper Addict

I think having a more mobile friendly forum might make a difference. Without getting too technical, a change in format to Responsive design would be fantastic (Huston would probably know what I'm talking about).