paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Personal Shopper > Cardmaking

Old 03-17-2015, 01:59 AM
Webisode Watcher

Smile Wedding invitation cards..

Do you guys makes a wedding card invitations here and where I can find some examples? Thanks!
Old 03-17-2015, 04:56 AM
Paper Addict

If you are looking for premade cards, you need another company. HOTP/PaperWishes is a Cardmakers supply company, along with a wide variety of other crafting materials.

If you want to make your own, check out the Project Gallery on the website for Wedding cards and I am sure you will find something beautiful.

Hope this helps. You can visit Pinterest and search wedding invitations to get ideas of premade cards.

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
Old 03-17-2015, 07:05 AM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 1,504 Times in 1,277 Posts

I'm sure either PW itself or a customer has made invites. I agree with Linda, do some searches and I'm sure you'll find some examples. If you can't find a specific example, try searching for a card you really like, which would be easy to replicate however many invitations you need and get a "you are invited" stamp for the outside of the card. For the inside I would type all the information on your computer and print it onto vellum or parchment and glue inside the card.

Something to think about as you design your card and pick papers do you want the front to all be the same? You may want to limit your paper searches to 8 1/2 x 11 or 12x12 paper packs so you get 25 sheets of the exact same papers. You could matt those on cardstock for a finished look. Same thing with any embellishments you choose for the cards, make sure you buy enough for all of them.

PW does sell card blanks with envelopes , so that part is done for you.

Hope Linda and I have helped a little. Maybe someone else will have some concrete ideas for you.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Paper Addict

I made invitations for my oldest son. After swearing I'd never do it again, I had a momentary lapse of sanity and agreed to make some for my youngest son whose wedding will be this August.
My advice: KEEP IT SIMPLE!!! The first invitations I made had a bunch of punched leaves on them and included a wedding cake embossed on vellum. The first 5 or so were fun, but 15 leaves, stamping and embossing x 100 cards is a LOT of work!
This time around, I'm designing all of it on my computer with digital paper and embellishments.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:03 PM
Paper Addict

Sounds like a good plan. That seems to be on trend anyway.

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child