paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Swaps & Challenges > Archived Swap & Challenge Sections > WORLD CARD DAY - 2013

Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Swap Organizer

Default WCD 2013 General Info

All, it is almost that time again to celebrate our favorite holiday - World Cardmaking Day, Saturday, October 5! Your swaps team (Sam, Nancy (SandersNan) and I have been burning up the PM wires making plans.

As Sam stated earlier, this year will be a scaled back event, but we should still all have a good time. We will be having 4 events this year, 2 on the day itself and 2 for Saturday and Sunday. The details:

There will be 2 timed challenges on Saturday. All times are Eastern Standard Time. The first challenge will be from 8:00 to noon and the second from 1:00 to 5:00. I will post the requirements for the challenges at 8:00 and 1:00 and there will be one random prize winner for each challenge. So, you will have 4 hours to create and post your creations. To be eligible for the prize you must post a picture of your project and list all PW available supplies in the applicable thread. As always, the majority of your art should be made from PW available supplies.

Nancy will be hosting the bingo card activity we have used for the past several years (it won't be the same though, so you can't dig yours out and get started early ). She will create a thread within this category with the card; you will have until 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Sunday, October 6 to post a picture of your project with a listing of PW available supplies in that thread. The one winner will be picked by judging of Paper Wishes staff. You can do more than one row/column of the bingo card, but the time limit applies to all entries.

The 4th event will be using the pick ahead formula we used last year. On Sunday, September 29 I will post the three different categories using the theme of animals for the challenge and you will need to pick one from each to create your project. You will have until 7:00 a.m., Saturday, 10/5 to reply to that post with the list of the three items you picked (one from each category). I will post what each item represents on Saturday 10/5 at 8:00 a.m. EST and you will again have until Sunday, 10/6 at 5:00 p.m. EST to post a picture and supply list in that thread. The winner of this event will also be chosen by a panel of expert judge(s) at Paper Wishes. To hopefully make this less confusing here is the link to this activity last year, so you can understand what I'm talking about.

There will be 4 prize winners in all, each to be given a $20 gift certificate for use on the Paper Wishes website.

We hope this new format will be more streamlined and folks won't feel chained to their computers for the entire day.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or PM Swaps Album and we will do our best to clear up any confusion/issues.

Visit my blog: http://www.pennydouph.blogspot.com/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pennyd For This Useful Post:
AmzdByHsGrace (09-13-2013), fabyon (09-13-2013), KarenH (10-03-2013), supermum (09-13-2013)
Old 09-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Default Wcd 2013

Sounds wonderful! Wish I was able to participate. Have a great time! Make some great cards, and post it all for us to see!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Swap Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaH61 View Post
Sounds wonderful! Wish I was able to participate. Have a great time! Make some great cards, and post it all for us to see!
Linda, hopefully you can participate! 2 of the activities will give you 2 days to complete - you just have to check in on the board on Saturday morning to get the info you will need to complete the challenges.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:42 AM
Swap Organizer

Just a reminder! I will be posting the info for the pick ahead challenge on Sunday - I'm using the theme of animals for it. You'll then have until 7:00 a.m. on Saturday 10/5 to post your picks. Any questions, check the first post in this thread and/or click the link for last year's challenge!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pennyd For This Useful Post:
Bootsie (09-27-2013), supermum (09-27-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

I have to work on Saturdays, but see what I can do on other days.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Swaps Organizer

Just wanted to post a HUGE thank you (again) to Penny and Nancy as they are going all out to make sure y'all have fun on WCD. I think I'm going to have to retire just to have time to play!
pennyd (09-27-2013), supermum (10-05-2013)
Old 09-28-2013, 02:45 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Irishlady

Sam, retirements not bad. I have time to play with my PW goodies, my cats, read good mysteries and sleep in. Its sort of neat. Judi
Old 10-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

I didn't get to participate last year due to granddaughter's softball tournaments and looks like the same conflict will be this year, too. BUT, I'm going to try and squeeze at least one challenge in there this weekend. This is a busy time of year!
Old 10-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Just a question about time zones. Is Pacific time 3 hours ahead of Eastern?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Swaps Organizer

Yes - so for example - 8:00am Eastern would be 5:00am Pacific. 1:00pm Eastern would be 10:00am Pacific.
Bootsie (10-04-2013)

Tags
wcd