paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Papercrafting Chat

Old 05-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 1,141 Times in 998 Posts
Question Machines, machines, machines

I was just wondering what crafting machines you all have.

I started with a Quickutz Revolution (a small 4" platform), I still have it if anyone is interested, PM me.

I moved up to a Big Shot. I love the Big Shot and now keep it set up for EFs.

I've now had my E-bosser for about 2 years and I love it. Saves my arm from all the cranking. I don't go a day without cutting something.

I had a Cricut Expression but got rid of it a long time ago and don't miss it.

I'm thinking I would like a scan and cut, but I'll ponder it for a while.

How about everyone else, what machines do you have?

Visit my blog: http://www.pennydouph.blogspot.com/
Old 05-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

1. Cricut Expression - Like the idea of different sizes and shadows, have to admit that my sister uses it more than I do.
2. Cuttlebug - Use it for embossing, sometimes for cutting dies
3. Big Shot - Just bought one because the Cuttlebug doesn't do well with intricate dies.

Thought about giving the Cricut to my sister and getting a Silhouette instead but not sure about that yet.

http://wysiwyg73.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to bbcmom For This Useful Post:
pennyd (05-14-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

OK - This is what I have

I started with the hand held Quickutz - & still have it along with several of the alphabets, shadows & shapes. It just takes a while to "hand punch" whatever you need.

I have a Cricut that I use once in a while. I also like the shadows that it can do along with the speed in which you can cut whatever you need.

I also have an Evolution that I use for my cutting dies.

Mary H
The Following User Says Thank You to meherrm For This Useful Post:
pennyd (05-14-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 07:37 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Okay Ladies have a seat it may take awhile......
hand-held Quickutz = still have it, never use it
Sizzix Big Shot= not using it at this time
3-Cuttlebugs= not using them at this time
Fiskars Fuse= will be cutting my 12x12 dies and scanning them with my scan n cut and storing on a usb key. After all of that I will be storing this machine also.
E-Bosser=I do like this machine
Cricut E2=I love all my cricut machines
Cricut Imagine=This is my favorite especially if I have large projects to do
Cricut Cake= used it once, it went very well, I am not a big baker
Cricut Mini=Christmas present from my son, going to take it to crops
Brother Scan n Cut = l love it. I bought it so I do not have to fussy cut anymore of my stamped images. Works great!

Mary
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nighttimescrapper For This Useful Post:
pennyd (05-14-2014), Sanditiger (05-17-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Well, I started out with that little purse shaped thing for embossing folders. I still think it's cute but never use it any more because I got the Big Shot. I love my Big shot. It's just easy and I need easy . I purchased a Silouhette this Christmas because I love the idea of not having to buy the cartridges. I can't figure the thing out though. I have never made anything that didn't come out messed up...purely my fault because I am not a computer person. My Husband and son think it's cool though. I just bought a Cricut Imagine on EBay for nothing and I love it. It was a gamble because those machines were lemons for the most part. I didn't know that ahead of time but I got one of the model numbers that were good. It prints beautifully and cuts. I just tell it what to do and it does it. I love that . Now I am satisfied with what I have and am officially OUT of room!
The Following User Says Thank You to live4paper For This Useful Post:
pennyd (05-14-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Swaps Organizer

I started with the Big Shot and then got a Cricut. Then I got a Cuttlebug because I like the small footprint. I recently got a Silhouette Cameo because I like being able to buy one design at a time instead of a whole cartridge and being able to use any font on my computer. I'm keeping my Cricut though because I have a lot invested in cartridges. Now ....just tonight on HSN We R Memory Keepers has introduced their new machine the Evolution. I'm tempted but haven't taken the plunge. What's attractive about it is it folds up like the Cuttlebug so small footprint on my crafting table and you don't have to have a bunch of different plate combinations for products from different companies. There is a dial on the machine that you set for whatsver brand you are doing sor example a Spellbindrts embossing folder or a Sizzix die and then you set whether you are embossing cutting or letterpressng.

Last edited by SandersNan; 05-14-2014 at 08:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SandersNan For This Useful Post:
pennyd (05-15-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 09:38 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

I started with a Quickutz hand held. I have a Cricut, have had it for quite a while now, but I don't use it very often, usually only if I want to cut a lot of something on a cartridge. I have quite a few cartridges so I will be keeping it. I use my Cuttlebug for cutting dies and using embossing folders. I am like Nancy, I don't have a lot of room so the Cuttlebug stays out and gets used a lot. I also have a Grand Calibur which I use when I want to cut my really large dies since they don't fit in the Cuttlebug. That's it, I don't have computer in my craft room so I don't think I will be getting any of those machines that have to download from the internet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Carol J For This Useful Post:
pennyd (05-15-2014)
Old 05-15-2014, 04:21 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Irishlady

I started with the Big Shot. I use it for cutting. I tried to emboss on it & it cracked the folder. Yes, I did follow the instructions to the letter. I figured it was a faulty folder or damaged in the mail. I saw the Cuttlebug on HSN & fell in love with it. I use it for embossing. For some reason, I can't bring myself to put a mark on those nice new plates for my Cuttlebug. I was thinking of getting a Cricut but with the way we've been having thunder storms & the lights going out some times, I decided on getting more embossing folders & dies for the ones I have. I'm the power there. Judi
The Following User Says Thank You to Irishlady For This Useful Post:
pennyd (05-15-2014)
Old 05-15-2014, 04:51 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Mary - I was also looking at the Brother. I heard the silhouette is difficult to use. Is the Brother easy, is it similar to the Silhouette?

http://wysiwyg73.blogspot.com/
Old 05-15-2014, 05:26 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I was late getting a QuickKutz handheld, but loved their alphabets, so finally did that when most of you were buying the Cricuts. My crafting friend has a circuit and a big shot. We use the Big Shot ALL the time, but never the cricut. Since I scrapbook, I got a Spellbinders Grand Calibur and use it for all my dies and folders. Some of the Paper Artist dies work poorly in my machine, and that frustrates me, but I get an 8x10 workspace and I try to make the most of that, cutting several images at once or embossing 2 items at once.

The Wish Blade interests me, maybe that is the Silhouette machine? Not sure, but I like NOT having the digital challenge added to my crafting time- seems to just side track me!

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
The Following User Says Thank You to LindaH61 For This Useful Post:
pennyd (05-15-2014)