paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Papercrafting Chat

Old 01-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 1,941 Times in 1,572 Posts
Default January 2016 Catalog

I'm curious what everyone thinks about the new catalog. You know, the good, the bad, etc.

To be honest, the only thing I really want are the steampunk stamps. Nothing else that was PW jumped out at me. I'll probably get the steampunk papers as well, my last set is pretty much used up. It is the second set of steampunk papers they've done.

I've been a big fan of the die cuts that match the paper packs but it looks like the foiled fancies will be taking their place. I do think I will like them once I play with them. What do you think of the switch?

There are 2 new colorist books as well. The feathered friends is already in my cart.

Now I have to go rob a bank - I'll be back!
Old 01-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Swap Organizer

Thanked 1,941 Times in 1,572 Posts

I also forgot one important thing Linda pointed out to me. My favorite Rad Dad is on page 12! I told her cleaning up, I found 4 partial sets, but I need more!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to pennyd For This Useful Post:
LindaH61 (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Dazzle Dreamer

Thanked 1,171 Times in 1,079 Posts

I have told myself - no more pattern paper until I use a LOT of what I have. That being said I do have an order started of other things!! I'm ordering Tim Holtz Distress Glaze that PW is now carrying. I have a hard time finding things in the catalog, so much stuff and such small pics. I mostly rely on the webisodes for new products.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Dazzle Dreamer

I find the catalog hard to read too. But there is a lot of stuff in it. I love that Mystic Garden and Floral Fantasy paper packs. I like to watch the videos that show exactly what is in the paper pack.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Paper Addict

I ordered some of the new stuff already. Among other things I got the silver, gold, and copper Wink of Luna markers, the bundle from todays WOW, and a smattering of other goodies. I do wish they made 4 or more paper packs every 6 months or so. My favorite PW products are the PP's and the matching goodies that go along with them. I am first and foremost a paper addict. I was hoping for more PW acrylic stamp sets and Dies too. I'm sure they will be retiring some of the older PP's soon to make room for new ones. I'm curious too what everyone found that they couldn't resist.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Webisode Watcher

I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more new items, however, I have spent a $wad $ that I didn't need to spend (although $50 of it was my gift certificate!!). I like the new interlocking cards...have tried to make them myself and always seemed too difficult. The steampunk is a bit disappointing in that it is more feminine looking than the other steampunk they had. I LOVED that paper for my masculine cards. But I did order some, nonetheless. (Of course!) The colored edges are kind of a neat idea. Yes, Feathered friends colorists was a must. What else did you gals see/order???
Old 01-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Webisode Watcher

I have given up on looking at the paper catalogue, wonder if they put less in the catalogue they could made the items larger. If I do sit down with it, I need a big magnifying glass.
katie (01-09-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Paper Addict

I'm sorry to hear that Heather. That's so sad that you can't enjoy the new catalog as much as we are. Is it possible to view it on line to make it bigger?
Old 01-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Dazzle Dreamer

Thanked 1,084 Times in 905 Posts

I actually found lots of things in there that I am looking forward to seeing "in action". I love SteamPunk, so am excited about new collection. I love some of the new dazzles - not that I need any new ones!!! I was also interested in the Heat Set gun. (I am looking for a heat gun that might be better than the one I own.)

There are a couple of new ACK, and new COLORIST pp. Check those out!!! They look good.

Other than that, I used my Petaloo leaves in Christmas projects, so am going to buy another set of those velvety flowers... so pretty - especially now that I have used them.

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it". Julia Child
Old 01-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Obsessed Hoarder

Thanked 1,535 Times in 1,417 Posts

I found a few new things that I like in the catalog. I do like the Steampunk papers and the fact of the Steampunk ACK. This way I have an ACK with enough papers but also die cuts that match the papers. Of course I like the two new templates for the Heart & Label Pop-out card and the Double M card. I also like the interlocking cards and the matching dazzles. I like the Floral Fantasy PP and the matching ACK for the same reason as stated above. Love the new colorist books and the Steampunk stamps. And I can't forget Hunkydory. Just love the Flight of the Butterfly card kit.

Mixed blessing: Getting a kidney transplant from a bed wetter. - Bob Smiley.

Tags
catalog