paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Papercrafting Chat

Old 05-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Mary - Thanks for you willingness to help. I guess at this point it's just that I have problems sizing. If it's the correct size one way it's wrong the other way. I end up wasting paper and time and get so frustrated. I had the design studio but it stopped working so now I can't even size the stuff that way. I know some of the techniques I just have to read about and practice. Plus I think my machine may be wearing out. If I start cutting at the very beginning it doesn't cut through at the very edge. I have to remember to move the blade in more so that it will cut everything. I still use it but not as much as I thought I would.

http://wysiwyg73.blogspot.com/
Old 05-21-2014, 08:22 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I am liking the reviews of the scan and cut more and more just don't have the money right now to sink into another machine.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:15 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Daria, know what you mean about the sizing on the Cricut. I usually cut a sample first on a scrap paper till I get the size I want. And I also have the Design Studio but haven't had much better results. Hence I got my Big Shot and haven't looked back since. The Scan 'n Cut sounds super just need to save my pennies!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:40 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I wonder how Cameo owners are liking their machines. I haven't been able to figure mine out enough for a successful cut. Maybe the electronic cutters just are not for me. I hope not because I really like them.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Heidi, I wish we lived closer. I'd find some time to help you get going with your Cameo. I'm sure once you know how to use it you'd love it. I know I love my original Silhouette, but would love the ability to cut 12 x 12 that you get with the Cameo.
live4paper (05-27-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 01:40 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4paper View Post
OK, everyone...I was wrong and want to warn anyone against buying a cricut imagine. I should have done the research instead of jumping right in and getting one. It is a lemon even by Provo Craft standards. I just want to save someone else the money and frustration involved with this expensive, huge, paper weight. There I've said it. The other Cricut's all seem really nice though but I can't possibly buy another thing until I come into a large amount of cash .
What's wrong? I love my imagine. I do not use it all the time, but, when I do it works like a dream. If you need help or have a question I can help, and if not I know how to get the help.......I know people.
Mary
The Following User Says Thank You to nighttimescrapper For This Useful Post:
live4paper (05-27-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 02:06 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcmom View Post
Mary - Thanks for you willingness to help. I guess at this point it's just that I have problems sizing. If it's the correct size one way it's wrong the other way. I end up wasting paper and time and get so frustrated. I had the design studio but it stopped working so now I can't even size the stuff that way. I know some of the techniques I just have to read about and practice. Plus I think my machine may be wearing out. If I start cutting at the very beginning it doesn't cut through at the very edge. I have to remember to move the blade in more so that it will cut everything. I still use it but not as much as I thought I would.
Hey Daria....Sizing, make sure your real dial size is off. It is located on the left hand side of the overlay. If you are cutting a rabbit from a cartridge and the real dial size is on, and you cut @ 3" , then when you cut the layers they will all be 3" separately. When real dial size is off, the rabbit and all the layers will cut correctly. Okay cutting @ the beginning and not @ the end sounds like you either need to remove the blade and make sure there is not paper stuck around the blade, or you need a new blade. If you PM me your shipping address I will send you an extra copy of the Cricut Cutting Guide that I have. It list all of the paper manufactures and it asks you if you are cutting a basic or intricate shape then you look to see your blade depth setting, as well as the speed setting, and the pressure. No more guess work on your part. I hope this helps.
Mary
bbcmom (05-22-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 06:36 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Daria, I will be sending your cutting guide out to you tomorrow.

Mary
bbcmom (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Mary, I spent a whole day trying for a clean cut on my Imagine but never really got one. I'm going to try a new blade next. It also keeps randomly turning off sometimes in the middle of a project or print and then I have to start over. I am determined to figure this thing out because I really LOVE the idea of it.
Cheryl, funny the more I try to figure out my Cricut Imagine the more I feel I will understand about the cameo! Too bad we aren't neighbors we could play with our machines together
Old 05-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

After watching a bunch of videos on the ScanNCut and the Cameo and reading lots of reviews I have decided to stick with my Cricut.