paper wishes logo upper right controls
Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum

Go Back   Paper Wishes Scrapbooking Forum > Papercrafting Chat

Old 05-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Do you have a clean mat? If not I suggest placing the mat on a hard flat surface and scrubbing the mat with a baby wipe. Do that until there is no ink or paper residue left on the mat, then let it air dry. It sounds like the registration marks are not being read. If that does not work try a new mat.
Is your machine in a stationary position? The Imagine machine is very temperamental and does not like to be moved. If the mat does not work I would suggest to unplug the machine and wait 5 minutes and then plug it back in. Go though and recalibrate the machine, if that still does not work then I would suggest you do a system restore.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nighttimescrapper For This Useful Post:
live4paper (05-28-2014), pennyd (05-29-2014)
Old 05-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Daria, did you receive your cutting guide today?
Mary W.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Penny, do you get your today?
Mary W.
Old 05-30-2014, 08:13 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Mary, I'm away at a women's conference until tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know when I get home.

http://wysiwyg73.blogspot.com/
Old 05-31-2014, 04:07 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

I have a cuttlebug and a Grand Calibur. I use the Grand Calibur all the time for cutting.
I bought the Cuttlebug to use for the ebossing folders.

Blessings,
Kathleen
Old 05-31-2014, 02:20 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

Mary, got the chart. Thank you so much. It's going to be a big help.

http://wysiwyg73.blogspot.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to bbcmom For This Useful Post:
nighttimescrapper (05-31-2014)
Old 06-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

What is this cutting guide? Would this help me figure out my blade number and cut settings? Because I have an Imagine by Cricut and a Silhouette Cameo and TOTALLY do not get this stuff at all and would accept any help at all with those numbers.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

live4paper........

A cutting guide is just that, it will help with blade number and cut settings on different paper types. I had an extra so I sent it out. If you put Above Rubies Studios in your search engine it will come up. Click on the Cricut cutting guide, it will take you to the page. You can down load it for free if you sign up for her backstage pass. The guide is for Cricut Machines. I do not have a Cameo, but, I found this: If you go to Kat's Scrappy Bloggy Life she has good info. for cutting and tips. I hope this helps.
Mary
Old 06-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Paper Wishes Regular

Mary, thanks for the info!
Old 06-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Paper Wishes Regular

I'm a bit late to the conversation but...

I started out with the OLD Sizzix. The one with the lever. I got a Cuttlebug shortly after they came out and have not used the Sizzix since. My Cuttlebug rarely gets put away.

I also have a YourStory which I use almost exclusively for laminating lesson material. I've also taken it to class with me a couple times and had the kids make their own books. Instead of buying a book cover for each child, I made them ahead of time using heavy cardstock and hot glue. It's MUCH less expensive that way.

As for a digital cutter, I bought an eCraft a couple years ago. I wanted something I could cut my own designs on and it seemed like the best option for the price at the time. I really liked that it didn't require a cutting mat, but later found out that is not entirely true. For most things, you need to use a carrier sheet (any piece of cardstock will do). It turned out to be VERY temperamental and more than a few times, I wanted to toss it out the window, but I'm stubborn so I eventually figured it out. I would definitely NOT recommend it to someone who does not like computers. Besides the other problems, the software that came with it is extremely limited and frustrating to use (this from someone who is a computer programmer).

Software aside, now that I've figured out how to get it to cut without destroying my paper (My family nick-named it, "The Purple Paper Eater!"), I really like it but I don't use it much at all for scrapbooking or card making. I much prefer my Cuttlebug for that. What I DO use it for is cutting multiples for Bible class crafts or for bulletin board decorations. It is fantastic for that and has saved me hours and hours of work as well as money for purchased craft kits. Now I just make my own.

So... my recommendation for anyone who is thinking about forking out a large sum of money for ANY e-cutter is to consider how often you'll use it and what you'll use it for. If I had just bought my eCraft for card making and scrapbooking it would have been a waste of money. Also, just about all of the machines have support sites with user forums. Take some time to read through them to find out what the common problems are before you buy.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JudyH For This Useful Post:
bbcmom (06-03-2014), gramajackie (06-04-2014), nighttimescrapper (06-03-2014), Robn C (06-03-2014)