|Red & Black Ribbon Slider Treat Pocket — By: Teresa Welch
Designer's Tip: Find more examples of Ribbon Slider Treat Pockets in the Slider Chapter of the Moveable Parts DVD.
- Red Velvet Artful Card Kit (link)
- 12"x12" cardstocks: red, black (link)
- Red Jewel Border Dazzles™ (link)
- 24" of ⅝" wide black satin ribbon (link)
- Knock-Outs Border Punch System & Open Scallop border punch (link)
- ⅛" hole punch (link)
- Ruler (link)
- Stylus (link) (link)
- 1/4" Ultra Clear tape (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- Candy bar
- For the pocket: Trace the pocket pattern and cut from red cardstock. Score on the dotted lines, then fold the tabs in. Fold the pocket in half on the vertical score line and use tape to adhere the side and bottom edges to the tabs.
- For the front: Cut 3 3/4"x7 1/4" Red Velvet floral paper and 3 3/4"x4 1/2" Red Velvet text paper. Punch a 4" scallop border in black cardstock, then trim to 3 3/4"x1". Glue as a mat along one short edge of the text paper. Repeat for the other short edge, then glue the paper centered on the floral paper. Glue to the pocket front, 1/2" from the top edge. Place a narrow Dazzles™ border on the text paper, close to the upper edge.
- Punch out the Red Velvet open heart, 2 1/2" red flower, 1 1/4" green flower, 1 3/4" black swirl, and 1 1/4" green butterfly die cuts and remove the nibs. Cut out “hoping your day…” oval and “happy day” label. Glue the oval to white cardstock and trim along the edge. Glue all the pieces except the small label and butterfly to the front, overlapped as shown. Foam tape the label and butterfly as shown.
- Place a Dazzles™ border on the text paper, close to the lower edge. Trace the tiny heart pattern and cut from the Dazzles™ background material, then place on the oval. Place the remaining Dazzles™ as shown.
- Finishing: Punch a hole through both layers of the pocket just below the notch opening. Thread the ribbon through both holes and center it. Place the candy bar between the ribbon ends, and push it into the pocket, holding the ribbon ends to keep them even as the candy pushes the ribbon center down into the pocket. Tie the ends in a bow. To remove the candy, simply untie the bow and pull the ribbons.