|Daydream Necklace — By: Katie Hacker
- twelve 8mm round crackled light blue glass beads
- four 12mm star-shaped dark blue glass beads
- five 12mm sun/moon silver disk beads
- ten 5mm silver tube beads
- 10” length of silver bead stringing wire
- two 7 1/2” lengths of brown suede lace
- two silver crimp tubes
- four silver fold-over cord ends
- two 1” silver head pins
- crimping tool
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
Designer Tip: A wrap necklace like
this is a very versatile piece because you can adjust the length simply
by tying the ends in a knot.
- Attach a fold-over cord end to one end of each suede lace length by
stringing the fold-over cord end onto the cord, then using the chain
nose pliers to crimp the tube to secure it to the cord.
- Use a crimp tube to attach the stringing wire to one fold-over cord
end as if it were a clasp. String beads onto the wire as follows: crackled,
sun, crackled, silver tube, star and silver tube. Repeat the pattern,
alternating suns and moons, until all the beads and tubes are used.
- Use the other crimp tube to attach the wire to the fold-over crimp
on the other suede length, cutting off any excess wire. Attach a fold-over
cord end to each end of the suede lace.
- String a crackled bead and silver tube onto a head pin. Make a loop
at the top and attach it to a fold-over cord end on the suede end. Repeat
for the opposite end of the necklace.
Project reprinted from 30-Minute
Beading, a brand new beading book with jewelry projects you can make
to night and wear tomorrow.