|Bracket Frame — By: LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: After the paint dries you can use a sanding block on sides of frame to give it a aged/distressed look. You can also lightly sand the edges of the paper covered area to distress and get a better fit.
- Easy Vintage Labels Template (link)
- Kaleidoscope Paper Pack (link)
- Boutique Ribbon Set (link)
- Gold 3-D Butterfly Dazzles™ (link)
- Bracket Frame (link)
- Bright Flower Delights (link)
- X-acto® knife (link)
- foam tape (link)
- Tacky craft glue (link)
- Brown spray stain or brown spray paint
- Turn the Kaleidoscope striped paper over and trace the Bracket Frame onto the green side. The points of the frame will be too large to fit on the paper, but use a pencil to trace 1/4” from the frame outline to reduce the size and draw new points. This will give you the proper size paper for the inset on the front. Cut out the shape and use the X-acto® knife to cut out the center opening.
- Cover work surface in a well ventilated space with newspaper. Spray the frame top and sides with brown spray stain or brown spray paint. Let dry. Turn the frame over. Use tacky glue to glue the photo holder pieces to around the bottom edge of the opening at the frame back. Glue the frame back flush with the bottom edge of the holder pieces. Let the glue dry.
- Apply a thin coat of tacky glue to the back of the paper frame. Glue the Kaleidoscope striped paper to the frame center horizontally. Glue Bouquet light green mini rick rack around the paper frame opening.
Copyright © 2015 by Hot Off The Press, Inc.
Sign up for email updates
Enter your email address below to get an email when we update Friday Freebies.