|Ribbon Keepsake Box — By: LeNae Gerig
- 1 yard of 1/4” wide white stitches on green ribbon
- 1 1/2 yards of 3/8” wide pink and green striped satin ribbon
- 3” x 3” x 1 1/2” paper maché box
- 1/2” wide silver charms: “Dancing queen” crown
with pink rhinestones, green shoe with pink rhinestone
- lime green acrylic paint
- 1/2” wide flat paintbrush
- liquid acrylic sealer
- low temperature glue gun, glue sticks
Designer Tip: LeNae covered this paper
maché box with paint and ribbon, then embellished it with charms.
This great gift package doubles as a keepsake box! (We’re guessing
the recipient will admire it as much as the gift inside!)
- Apply sealer to the box inside and outside; let dry. Paint the box
(not the lid) lime green inside and outside; let dry.
- Cut two 3 1/2” lengths from each ribbon. Wrap a striped length
around two opposite sides of the lid (flush with the edge), with the
ends extending around the corners. Glue the stitched ribbon along the
bottom edges of the striped ribbon.
- Cut six 5” lengths from each ribbon. Glue alternating ribbons
to the top edge of the lid so they align with the striped ribbon on
the lid side. Wrap the ends around the lid to the inside and glue them
in place. Place the lid on the box, then place the box on the remaining
striped ribbon and pull the ends to the top and knot once. Slide a charm
on each end up to the knot, then tie the ends into a shoestring bow.
Trim each tail at an angle.