- pink stiffened felt
- lavender, magenta felt
- crystal glitter
- lavender acrylic paint
- 12" length of 1/4" wide wood dowel
- wooden candle cup with 1/4" wide hole
- 56" of 1/4" wide satin ribbons: light pink, purple, magenta picot
- tacky craft glue
- tracing paper and pencil
- disappearing pen
- Trace and transfer the patterns: Trace the patterns onto tracing paper, then cut
out. Place each piece on the designated felt and use a disappearing pen to trace the
pattern onto the felt. Cut out the felt as follows: pink: two large stars;
purple: two medium stars, two hearts; magenta: two small stars.
- Glue a heart centered on a magenta star, then glue the magenta star onto a
purple star. Glue a purple star centered on a pink star. Repeat for a second set.
Glue crystal glitter on the pink and magenta stars; let dry.
- Insert one end of the dowel into the candle cup and glue to secure. Paint the dowel
and candle cup lavender; let dry.
- Place the pink star backs together and insert the dowel top through the bottom
between them and glue to secure. Place a book or weight on top until the glue dries.
- Cut each ribbon in half. Hold one piece of each ribbon together and make a shoestring bow
with 1 1/2" loops and 10" tails. Knot the end of each tail.
Repeat with the remaining ribbons for another bow. Glue one bow to the star bottom on each side.