|Thinking of You Gift Bag — By: Lodell Halvorson
Tip: Stamp on tissue paper to create a custom design. Ink will soak through, so protect your work surface with craft or scrap paper.
- Peony Jumbo Stamps (link)
- “Thinking of You” Jumbo Stamp (link)
- Black & White Cardstock (link)
- Maroon (link), Berrylicious (link) & Deep Lagoon Chalk Ink (link)
- Black Staz-On Ink (link)
- VersaMark Ink (link)
- Dove Blender Pen (link)
- Goosebumps Texture Spray (link)
- White (or clear) Embossing Powder (link)
- “Sheer & Silky” Ribbon (link)
- ¼” Circle Punch (link)
- Silver Gift Bag & White Tissue Paper
- Foam Tape (link)
- Acetate or transparency scrap
- Spray Goosebumps on white cardstock and set aside to dry completely. Emboss peony on white cardstock with white or clear embossing powder. Stamp small amount of maroon ink onto scrap acetate or plastic to use as your palette. Pick up ink with the blender pen to “paint” the peony. Create light and dark areas for a watercolor effect. Cut out flower close to the edge of the embossing.
- When Goosebumps is dry, cut one piece to 6 ½”x6”, and a second piece to 5”x3”. On the larger piece, sponge deep lagoon ink all over surface and wipe off excess to reveal texture. Mat with white cardstock. Stamp “Thinking of You” with black StazOn® ink. Cut black cardstock to 6 ¾” x 5 ¾” and glue to the bag. Glue “Thinking of You” piece over black. Foam tape peony to the corner.
- Fold the smaller piece in half to 3”x2 ½”. Find a corner with the least amount of spray and emboss a portion of the peony. Color peony with blender pen and maroon ink. Mask flower and sponge deep lagoon ink on the background. Wipe off excess. Stamp swirl in the corner and punch hole for the ribbon. Tie tag to the bag.
- Stamp peonies all over tissue paper with Berrylicious ink. Stamp Deep Lagoon all over tissue paper. Insert into bag with an extra piece of white tissue paper.