|Pinwheel w/ Spool — By: LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: Use a cosmetic sponge to glue to the edges after the pinwheel is assembled and then sprinkle with glue. This way the folding will not rub off glitter.
- Pinwheel Template (link)
- Tags Template (link)
- Kaleidoscope Paper Pack (link)
- Boutique Ribbon Set (link)
- Red Art-C™ Glitter Set (link)
- Wood spool (link)
- Wood button (link)
- 3 color twine: Turquoise/yellow (link)
- Ocean Chalk inkpad (link)
- white pencil
- aqua cardstock (link)
- fine tip black pen (link)
- cosmetic sponge
- iBond glue gun (link)
- Tacky Craft Glue (link)
- Trace two 4” Double Nova Pinwheel shapes onto the green side of the green/striped paper. Layer the pinwheels, green side facing up, and follow the template instructions for folding.
- Apply ink to the wood pieces and let dry. Thread the button with twine and tie a bow. Use the glue gun to glue the pinwheel back near the top of a 5 1/2” tall sharpened pencil.
- Wrap the spool with bakers twine, gluing the ends to secure. Glue the sharpened end of the pencil into the top of the spool.
- Apply glue to the edges of the pinwheel and then sprinkle with pink glitter. Tap off excess over scrap paper and return to the bottle.
- Tie a pink ribbon around the pencil into a bow.
- Tag: Trace the small tag shape onto the green patterned paper. Cut out and glue a 3/8” wide strip of striped paper to the bottom edge. Mat with aqua paper, leaving a 1/16” wide border. Write on the tag and glue the tag under the bow.