|Clock Face Switch Plate Cover
- London Calling rubber stamp (Inkadinkadoo)
- Clock Face & Hands rubber stamp set (Inkadinkadoo)
- tan chalk ink
- brown chalk ink
- black ink pad
- foam brush
- foam sponges
- liquid clear matte varnish
- fine-grade sandpaper
- embossing heat tool
- black pen
- 3"x4 3/8" unfinished wood switch plate cover
Designer Tips: A hand-stamped switch plate cover is the perfect way to add artsy style to any room in your home–we especially love it for craft and scrapbooking rooms! Use clock stamps and brown ink for an old-world style, or change the stamps and ink colors to suit your taste.
- Lightly sand the switch plate cover and use a foam brush to apply a coat of varnish; let dry.
- Use a foam sponge to apply tan chalk ink to the surface of the switch plate, then apply brown chalk ink around the edges of the plate and around the switch opening.
- Use brown and black ink to randomly stamp the surface of the switch plate, overlapping the stamps and letting some run off the edges. Heat set the surface of the switch plate and let the ink dry thoroughly.
- Apply another coat of varnish over the stamped surface; let dry. Mount the switch plate over a light switch using screws to secure it in place.