|“Sew Sweet” Canvas — By: LeNae Gerig
Designer Tip: When coloring the canvas and chipboard pieces, use the surface of the inkpad along the surface and sides. You may want to put a firm surface, like a book, behind the canvas center to provide a firm work surface.
- Heritage Background Papers (link)
- Sew Sweet Dazzles™ (link)
- Still Sew Cute Chipboard set (link)
- Maya Road Button Mini Chipboard Set (link)
- Maya Road Wood Mini Spools (link)
- Sew Nice Creative Scraps (link)
- Color Infusions Thread: Fuchsia blend (link), Aqua Blend (link) and Dark Blue Blend (link)
- Classic Cardstock (black) (link)
- Distress Ink: Aged Mahogany (link) and Tumbled Glass (link)
- StazOn® Black inkpad (link)
- Sanding block (link)
- Tacky Glue (link)
- Use the Aged Mahogany inkpad to color the surface and sides of the canvas. Glue an 8” length of ivory lace to the bottom back edge of the canvas. Let the glue dry.
- Tear 3” from the bottom edge of the yellow doily paper and cut to 7 ½” long. Tear a 7” x 1 ½” strip of yellow striped paper and blue to the back top edge of the doily paper. Use a thin layer of Tacky Glue to glue the paper to the bottom edge of the canvas. Adhere a length of Dazzles™ measuring tape to the bottom edge of the doily paper. Glue a length of white rose trim 1 ¼” from the bottom of the doily paper.
- Sand the edges of a 4”x 3” photo. Mat with black cardstock, leaving a 3/8” wide border. Glue to the top right side of the canvas with the lower right photo corner tucked behind the torn paper edge. Tie white lace into a bow with long tails. Glue the bow to the right canvas corner. Wrap the tails around the sides and glue in place. Glue a “Silk Embroidery” cut-out below the photo and a blue/pink dressmaker’s dummy to the left. Adhere the “You’re Sew Sweet” Dazzles™ words to a torn square from the doily paper, ink the edges and glue to the top left photo corner.
- Line a Dazzles™ pin cushion with striped paper and glue to the bottom left of the cut out. Apply the surface of the black inkpad to the large chipboard sewing machine and glue to the center of the doily paper border. Ink the ends of 3 spools and 2 chipboard buttons. Wrap with Color Infusions Threads and glue among the border. Color the small chipboard hanger with Aged Mahogany and glue to hang from the rose trim. Color the tiny scissors with a black inkpad with light inking on the blades and heavy inking on the handles. Glue to the left side of the canvas.