|Gold Leaf Jewelry Box — By: Inkadinkado
- Leaf Whimsey rubber stamp
- metallic gold pigment ink
- gold embossing powder
- acrylic paint:
- 81/8"x61/2" x 4" rounded top unfinished wood box
with brass hinges & front clasp
- small Phillips head screwdriver
- 1" wide foam brush
- stipple brush
- liquid acrylic all-purpose sealer
- fine grain sandpaper
- clean soft cloth
- embossing heat tool
Designer Tips: The rich tones of this
hand-decorated jewelry box makes it a possession you and your family will
want to keep around forever.
- Use the screwdriver to remove the hinges and clasps from the box;
- Apply sealer to the box and let dry. Lightly sand the box and wipe
clean. To create texture on the box, randomly stipple gold ink onto
the surface, sprinkle gold embossing powder on top of the wet ink and
- Paint the entire outside surface of the box burgundy and let dry.
Brush on copper paint to accent the edges and various sections; let
- Randomly stamp Leaf Whimsey onto the box with gold ink. Sprinkle gold
embossing powder onto various areas of wet ink and heat set; then heat
set the entire surface of the box. Apply sealer to the box and let dry.
- Re-assemble the hinges and clasps onto the box.