|Thanks — By: Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: I inked the Color Me Gold Swirls paper with poppy and rust inks for a beautiful fall look, then accented with brightly colored silk leaves. The great thing about these Color Me papers is that you can totally change the look and theme of the card with color and these swirls papers would also work for most any occasion.
- Color Me Gold Swirls Paper (link)
- Color Me Gold Tags & Borders (link)
- Rich & Spicy Ribbons (link)
- Silk Leaves (link)
- 5"x6 1/2" blank white card
- Painter’s Palette Brilliance Dew Drop Ink Pad 4-pack: Pearlescent Rust, Pearlescent Poppy (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- black pen (link)
- white cardstock (link)
- font: Sudestada
- cosmetic sponge applicators
- paper towel
- Place the card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with Color Me Gold Swirls paper trimming edges evenly with the card. Use a cosmetic sponge to apply rust ink over the entire card front, with areas of light and dark. Now add poppy ink over some areas of the card front, blending it over the rust ink. Use the paper towel to wipe off the excess ink from the gold pattern.
- Cut out the tag and border, leaving a 1/16" border at the edges of each. Apply rust ink lightly to the tag, working over the swirls area and outer edges, leaving the upper portion of the tag light. Now add some poppy ink over the swirls and the upper left portion of the tag. Wipe off the excess with the paper towel. Write or computer print “Thanks" on white cardstock and trim to a rectangle. Lightly ink over the word with rust and poppy inks. Glue to the tag. Add ribbon tab to the top of the tag and glue centered on the card front, 1 3/4" from the bottom.
- Lightly ink the border with rust ink, then add poppy ink over that, concentrating the color near the bottom of the border. Lightly feather the color into the top of the border with a light touch of the cosmetic sponge. Wipe off the excess with the paper towel. Layer graduated sizes of red, orange and yellow leaves together and Zot in place at the left side of the card front, overlapping the tag. Tie a maroon bow and Zot it near the base of the leaves.
- Color an additional 5"x1" strip of Color Me Gold Swirls paper as you did for the front, and wipe off the excess. Glue centered across the inside. Cut out the label leaving a 1/16" border. Lightly ink the label with rust, then poppy ink, concentrating the color on the swirls pattern. Wipe off the excess. Glue centered over the inked paper strip. Write or computer print “For everything" on white cardstock, trim to a rectangle and lightly ink the piece with rust, then poppy ink. Glue to the label. Layer a small red leaf plus a small orange leaf together and Zot as shown. Add knotted ribbon.