|“Thanks a Million!” —
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Have an overwhelming list of thank
you cards to make? Knock them out in no time with Susan's latest design!
This cool “thank you” card is perfect for any occasion,
featuring eye-catching techniques that are quick and easy to recreate!
For the Card Front
- Trim the card to a 5" square. With the fold on the left, run the card through the corrugator.
- Mat a 4 1/8" square of circles paper on dark blue textured paper, trim the mat to 1/16" and glue centered on the card front. Glue a 4 1/8"x3/8" strip of dark blue textured paper across the bottom of the green with circles paper and punch a hole in each end of the dark blue strip.
- Run a length of white wire through the corrugator to give it a wavy pattern. Lay the corrugated wire over the dark blue strip, running the ends of the wire through the punched holes and bending them on the back to hold the wire in place. Add a white mini brad to each punched hole to secure the corrugated wire. (Tip: You can hide the wire and brad prongs on the backside of the card front by covering them with a strip of coordinating paper or by covering the entire backside of the card front with paper.)
- Run a 2" square of blue vellum through the corrugator. Mat the vellum on dark blue textured paper, trimming the mat to 1/8". Corrugate another short length of white wire and wrap it around the top edge of the layered papers, then glue them centered on the upper portion of the green with circles paper.
- Mat the “Thanks a million!” cut-out on white cardstock (Tip: You can also use the leftover 1 1/2" that you trimmed off the card front in step 1 to mat the cut-out). Glue matted cut-out over the teal textured tag and add a mini brad to the tab. Glue the tag over the corrugated vellum square, covering the loose end of the corrugated wire that's wrapped around the top edge.
For the Card Inside
- Corrugate a 4" square of blue vellum and glue it centered on the card inside. Mat a 3" square of green with circles paper on dark blue textured paper, trim the mat to 1/16" and glue centered over the blue vellum.
- Add a mini brad to the top of the purple textured tag and glue the tag centered over the green with circles paper. Add the “thank you” word fragment cut-out overlapping the tag.