|Tweet Hearts Valentine — By: Teresa Welch
Note: This card utilizes Sketch S-5 from the Shaped Cards chapter on the Card Sketches CD.
- Vintage Roses papers (link)
- Ivory paper
- 25 Hearts Template (link)
- Tweet Hearts Dazzles™ Gold (link)
- Red Jewel Dazzles (link)
- 12" of ½" wide ivory/black dotted ribbon (link)
- StazOn® Timber Brown ink pad (link)
- ½" corner rounder punch (link)
- scrap paper
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" blank white card (link)
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and trim to 5"x5". Cut a 2" square of Vintage blue swirls tapestry paper, ink the edges, and glue to the lower left corner. Trace and cut the S-1 heart from the template onto Vintage red tapestry paper. Ink the edges and glue to the front, aligning the heart sides with the left and lower edges and leaving the right shoulder unglued. Open the card and cut around the heart, leaving the lower section of the fold intact.
- Knot two 3" ribbons together and glue to the heart front, positioning the knot as shown and tucking the right end under the heart where it's unglued. Glue the heart to secure. Cut a 3"x2" Vintage green tapestry paper and place on scrap paper. Rub the ink pad over it to darken the paper. Place the cage, “tweet hearts,” and bird on the green piece as shown, then round the upper right and lower left corners. Glue over the ribbon end as shown. Place the Dazzles™ swirls and hearts on the red heart and the jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- For the inside: Cut Vintage rose corner paper to cover the inside with the lace along the right edge. Ink the edges. Glue ribbon across it, aligned with the ribbon on the front when the card is closed. Glue the ends on the back. Glue the piece to the inside. Trace and cut the S-2 heart from the template onto Vintage houndstooth paper and ink the edges. Glue as shown.
- Print the sentiment on ivory paper and trim to 2 3/8"x2". Round the upper right and lower left corners and ink the edges. Mat on Vintage red tapestry paper with 1/16" borders and ink the edges. Loop and glue a 2" ribbon under the right edge, then glue the sentiment to the heart. Place the Dazzles™ as shown. Round three card corners and re-ink.