|Butterfly Birthday Card — By: Ann Bernklau
- 6 ½”x5” blank white card (link)
- Butterfly Small Stamp (link)
- Earth’s Palette Cardmaker’s Creative Pack (link)
- Earth’s Palette Ribbons (link)
- Black fine tip pen
- Foam tape (link)
- Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink Pad (link)
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad (link)
- Sapphire Embossing Powder (link)
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (link)
- Heat embossing tool (link)
- Cut card to a 5” square and place the fold on the top. Cover card with blue/green pattern and ink the edges with Chipped Sapphire ink. Cut a 3”x2 ¼” piece of light green pattern and mat onto dark blue, leaving a 1/16” border. Place (don’t glue) the piece 1” from the top and sides. Trace around the piece with a pencil, then remove it. Use the Versamark stamp pad to stamp swirls around the pencil line. Sprinkle on sapphire embossing powder and shake off excess. Emboss with a heat embossing tool.
- On the light green rectangle, stamp and emboss a large butterfly. Stamp tiny butterflies around it with Chipped Sapphire ink. Foam tape the rectangle to the card, 1” from the top and sides.
- Glue a 5” length of light green grosgrain ribbon across the bottom of the card, ½” from the bottom. Write “happy” on a 1”x1/2” piece of light green and “birthday” on a 1 ¼”x1/2” piece of light green. Mat both pieces on dark blue, leaving a 1/16” border. Foam tape to the bottom left over the green ribbon, tilted slightly to the left as shown. Tie a small green grosgrain bow and Zot to the right of the words.
- Inside the card: Stamp the large butterfly all over the inside panel with Chipped Sapphire. Cut a 5”x1 ¾” strip of blue/green pattern and ink the edges with Chipped Sapphire ink. Glue to card centered 1” from the bottom. Cut a 2”x1” rectangle of light green and write “have a beautiful day!” on it. Mat onto dark blue, leaving a 1/16” border. Emboss a large butterfly on light green paper and cut out. Fold up the wings and glue just the body onto a stamped butterfly image.