|Easter's on its Way! —
By Susan Cobb
Designer Tip: Soft colors and pretty floral patterns
make Susan's card just right for sending happy Easter wishes. Don't
celebrate Easter? Simply change the journaling to wish your loved ones
a happy spring season!
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold on the left. Cover the top 3"
of the card front with green floral paper, leaving the top edge unglued.
Glue a 1/2"-wide strip of yellow texture paper even with the
bottom of the floral paper. Cover the bottom of the card front with
striped paper, slightly overlapping the bottom of the yellow strip
and leaving the bottom edge unglued. Add an aqua brad to each corner
of the card front, then finish gluing the top and bottom edges in
- Glue aqua ribbon across the top of the striped paper, trimming it
even with the card edges.
- Computer journal “Easter's on its way!” on a blank blue
tag cut-out. Glue the tag over the left end of the ribbon length,
then Zot™ a bow of aqua ribbon to the tab.
- Punch a circle of striped paper and glue it to the top of an aqua
big brad. Insert the brad in the center of a large blue silk flower,
then Zot™ the flower to the right end of the ribbon length.
For the Card Inside:
- Mat a 4"x3" piece of striped paper on yellow texture paper and trim to 1/16". Computer journal “Happy Easter to you and yours” on a blank label cut-out, then glue it centered on the striped paper. Add a blue brad to the cut-out's tab, then glue the whole piece centered on the card inside.