|Birthday Wishes Card — By: Susan Cobb
- Nature’s Watercolor Paper Pack (This item will be available April 2011)
- Sweet Tweets Stamps Set (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Flower Soft: Spring (link)
- Flower Soft Glue (link)
- Brown ink pad (link)
- 5” x 6 ½” blank white card (link)
- Pen knife (link), cutting mat (link)
- Font: Sudestada
- Black pen or computer printer
- Open the card out flat onto your cutting mat and score down the center of the left panel. Fold back on the scored line to create a folded flap for the card front. Cover the front and inside with the ferns portion of the watercolor birds nest paper. Trim around the border from the paper, ink the edges brown and glue even with right side of the inside. Ink all edges.
- Place your card on scrap paper to protect your work surface from ink. Stamp the large birdhouse on the front of the folded flap, 1 3/8” from the top. Turn the stamp, ink it again, and align the pole portion of the birdhouse with the bottom of your stamped image. Now stamp the bottom of the pole. Stamp a bird to the upper left of the birdhouse. Stamp swirls at right side of the inside and at top and bottom as shown. Stamp a bird near the bottom swirl as shown. Stamp the small birdhouse on the left side of the inside, 3 1/8” from the top and beneath the front flap. Stamp the pole at the bottom of the birdhouse as shown.
- Write or computer print “Birthday Wishes” on green/blue watercolor paper and trim to a tag shape. Stamp a portion of the swirl over the right side and left edge of the tag as shown. Ink the edges and glue angled to the inside of the card, so it shows to the right of the front flap.
- Empty the Spring Flower Soft into a container and break up any lumps. Apply small dots of the Flower soft Glue to the stamped images, then sprinkle with the flower soft. Work a small area at a time as the glue dries quickly. Tap off the excess back into the container.