|“You're 10 Today! — By Susan
Designer Tip: Bright colors are perfect for birthdays.
Don't know any 10-year-olds? No problem! Use your choice of number monograms
to create a fun birthday card for any age! Unique swirl-shaped brads
and colorful silk flowers add the perfect amount of dimension and texture
to this playful card.
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with lime/striped color block paper, positioning the stripes down the left side and across the bottom of the card. Ink the edges of the card front.
- Ink the edges of two 1/4"-wide strips of red cardstock. Glue one strip overlapping the right edge of the stripes that run down the left side of the card, trimming any excess cardstock even with the edges of the card. Glue the other strip overlapping the top edge of the stripes that run across the bottom of the card.
- Computer journal “today” onto red cardstock. Use a pencil to trace the smallest standard tag shape from the template around the word “today”, then cut out the tag and ink the edges. Glue the tag at an angle in the bottom right corner of the larger lime color block.
- Computer journal “happy birthday” down a red “1” monogram. Ink the edges of the “1” and add a yellow mini brad to the top and bottom. Ink the edges of a yellow “0” and attach a blue silk flower over the right side with an orange swirl brad. Foam tape the monograms over the larger lime color block with the “0” overlapping the tab off the “today” tag.
- Computer journal “You're” onto light blue cardstock. Trace the second smallest tag shape from the template onto the cardstock, positioning “You're” across the bottom of the tag. Cut out the tag and ink the edges. Attach a yellow silk flower to the top of the tag with a green swirl brad. Glue the tag overlapping the red cardstock strip that runs down the left side of the card.
For the Card Inside:
- Ink the edges of a 3 1/4"x2 1/2" piece of color block paper (top half lime, bottom half vertical stripes). Ink the edges of a 1/4"-wide strip of red cardstock and glue it overlapping the seams between the two color blocks, trimming any excess even with the paper edges.
- Computer journal a sentiment onto light blue cardstock, crop and ink the edges. Mat on red cardstock, trim to 1/16" and ink the edges. Glue the sentiment over the center of the paper piece. Add a red yellow swirl brad to the top of the sentiment, then glue the whole piece centered on the card inside.